Recent content by lagatbezan

1. lagatbezan

Fish Hiding

In addition to what Beth said above, were the fish treated for parasites or quarantined? If not aggression, fish hiding could sometimes be sign of flukes. Any flashing/scratching, head shaking or yawning?
  2. lagatbezan

RODI WATER

Just use RODI water, mix salt for 24-48 hours and good to go. no need for prime IMO.
  3. lagatbezan

i have aipstasia

I have heard that even if you take away light, they can just feed off the water column and survive. I would also go the peppermint shrimp route first before tearing down the whole tank. get a couple of them just in case one is on on a no aipstasia diet.
  4. lagatbezan

i have aipstasia

Like Imforbis mentioned you can use bleach or muriatic acid but make sure if you use bleach to make sure the rocks are fully dry before you use muriatic acid or vice versa. *****Mixing the two will cause a hazardous and dangerous fumes which could be deadly****** Once bleach is fully dried it's...
  5. lagatbezan

Sick Clown.....

is there any other symptoms? rapid breathing, scratching, twitching or other physical conditions? how long has the fish been in the tank, was it qt? is it eating?
  6. lagatbezan

DESIGNING A PUBLIC AQUARIUM FOR SHARKS

wow should be a crazy and HUGE project. The aquarium by me in Long Island NY has a shark exhibit with one of the sharks in it being a full grown Sand tiger shark. I believe they are in a 120,000 gallon. Honestly when being there and seeing it, personally I think they need more room; they keep...
  7. lagatbezan

Ich

This^. I would also suggest tank transfer method. With hypo you have to make sure that sg stays constant at 1.009 for a full 3-4 weeks which is hard to do with evaporation so a ATO is highly recommended and comes in handy as well as a correctly calibrated refractometer. for the TTM, 72 hour is...
  8. lagatbezan

silverado61. Rebuilding my 72g bow front and stand.

I guess, but a lot of tanks go through the new tank algae bloom initially when started and takes a while before caroline can stat to grow. so probably what I was dealing with back then. since then I only use rock and I setup in my 300g that way too and gave up on the coral skeletons and gave...
  9. lagatbezan

I agree, but I tried it a long time ago on my first tank about 15 years ago and within a few weeks there was algae growing on them and they started looking horrible. Caroline didnt even have a chance to start yet in the tank. someone told me that it would need to be pulled out every couple of...
  10. lagatbezan

how do you keep all those clean in the tank? I would assume after a while they would get algae build up on them and no longer be white.
  11. lagatbezan

All my fish died from ?velvet :(

sorry to hear that but from now on, make sure you qt anything thats wet. Even corals, rocks and inverts. they can't harbor it themselves but there is always a chance that the water they are in could have some kind of a parasite.
  12. lagatbezan

Fish in shipping...

Wow, sorry to hear that. I think you should rethink the long drip acclimation next time. I know there are a lot of sites that insist on doing that but that can turn out to be more deadly when dealing with fish that have spend more than a couple of hours in a closed up bag. Fish poops and...
  13. lagatbezan

Need new water pump...

I personally run external pumps myself, but I think I read in some other forums some people talking highly about the Fluval pumps. maybe research them and see if they work for you.
  14. lagatbezan

Need new water pump...

are you using it for a return pump or a circulation like closed loop?
  15. lagatbezan

All my fish died from ?velvet :(

Skin pealing off sounds like brook and Formalin treatment is the best form of treatment for it. For confirmed cases of it, 6-one hour baths of formalin every other day is recommended (250ppm for formalin 37%). I would do the 4-6 formalin baths followed by maybe two weeks of copper to be safe. I...