Recent content by lcaldwell85

1. lcaldwell85

new to saltwater fish

Hello, and welcome! You'll find plenty of good advice from the fine people of the SWfish forum that's for sure. Good place to research before doing anything. There's no set amount of time that the tank needs to run before the fish are introduced. This is really more involved than any hobby...
  2. lcaldwell85

24 HOUR PHOTO CONTEST!

This picture isn't of my tank in particular, but I love it. My niece getting introduced to the wonderful joy of this hobby. Taken at Ripley's Aquarium of TN.
  3. lcaldwell85

Converting a freshwater tank to saltwater

Speaking of coraline... I've been the hobby for basically a year now..... When does that stuff start to take over? I've got a few patches here and there, but nothing major..... Once you get your tank up and running you'll get the bug even worse! I'm still amazed that I have no coast any where...
  4. lcaldwell85

Open Brain Loosing Flesh!

Not to make light of your situation by any means, but only in this hobby could a title like that not instigate instant panic. Hope your coral gets better........
  5. lcaldwell85

New Pics of Aquascape, 72 Gal Bowfront

I think what he meant by the dead coral skeleton comment was the one on the right side of the tank, with the distinctly porcupine look. All those little crags and dents in it probably allow for copious amounts of build up. I have noticed that a lot more algae cling to those pieces, and unless I...
  6. lcaldwell85

Drat. And it looks so pretty. But I think you've inadvertantly pointed out the culprit in my notoriously high nitrates...
  7. lcaldwell85

1guyDude, No, it's not all rock. The majority of the live rock is to the right and left of the units. I assume they're made out of some sort of resin, they're decorative. Slice, shoot..... I never even thought of that. Of course, all the tiny hiding spots..... I've been noticing a build up of...
  8. lcaldwell85

Thanks Sweatervest! I saw the items had been pulled from a used tank my local guy had purchased, and they were simply gathering dust. I got them for a total steal and think they look good. The full lighting pictures look almost radioactive green, but it's really not that bright. The camera...
  9. lcaldwell85

And night pictures of the aquascape... Sorry for the fuzzy camera, it's not the best.... And before I get blasted for the Trigger I -know- he needs to be in a larger tank. I'm in the process of setting up a 120, and he was a steal at my local fish store. The tank they had him in was much...
  10. lcaldwell85

Okay, it's been awhile since I've posted to the forum, so on my lunch break I took several photos of my new aquascape. Please ignore the filthy sandbed, I intend to clean it very shortly and would have waited, but no time like the present... and I'm sure you've all seen your share of dirty sand...
  11. lcaldwell85

screen covers

Off topic from screens, but I made my lids for my bowfront out of recycled materials. My father in law built a green house, and he bought something sort of like a reeded plexiglass to screw to the frame. It works great on the green house, but even better on my fish tank (At least in my opinion...
  12. lcaldwell85

120 Build

Oh, it will have plenty of time to cure. LOL. I'm doing this now and the stand has to be build, filtration bought, etc... I will get some pics of the tank for you guys soon. Pretty uneventful looking so far though. Big glass box.
  13. lcaldwell85

120 Build

Quote: Originally Posted by rickross23 It matters on the dimensions........ JKJK HAHHA. LOL! Well I think there would be plenty of room down there, I imagine a thousand gallons wouldn't come close to touching it. Let me get controversial and try a pair! There's plenty of stomping grounds for...
  14. lcaldwell85

120 Build

I find it pretty hard to find anything I like in Dwarfs aside from Coral Beauties. The Singapore has a mask resembling the Emperor, which I really like. I've never seen that fish before. And score, Sweatervest! It only needs 120 gallons! I keep threatening my husband I'm going to drylock the...
  15. lcaldwell85

120 Build

Ah, crud. Same tank requirements. Anyone know anything that mimics the look of these two fish but can handle the 120 confines?