Recent content by mollymonticell

1. mollymonticell

Tank Bred vs. Captive Bred vs. Wild Caught

Originally Posted by zeke92 i could make a thread that would skip right to the point of all of this buy tank bred, not wild caught or tank raised. tank raised and wild caught are taken fromt he wild and can harm the sehorse population. buy tank bred, always. 'Nuff Said Just wanna drive this...
  2. mollymonticell

Just to clarify, "Tank Bred" can also be used to identify a seahorse bred using natural sea water. "Captive Bred" is the term you want to see. But make sure to ask the supplier if they were bred in closed systems using only synthetic sea water and kept separate from other fish, particularly...
  3. mollymonticell

There are so many other species out there, why buy TR and limit your options? The most commonly Captive Bred seahorse is H. erectus. they are also the hardiest and most prolific, some say the most beautiful. As far as I know, they are not available TR. But there are so many other options, or at...
  4. mollymonticell

Some of you are new to seahorses, and you may be wondering, "What's the difference?" These terms may seem a little confusing and misleading to you, and trust me, they are not misleading by accident. A Captive Bred, or CB for short, seahorse has been bred in captivity using synthetic seawater in...