Recent content by mr. limpid

1. mr. limpid

Coming back to Saltwater

Yes you are correct stop adding ammonia. Keeping test, also test for nitrites. When both go down to 0 you can add a fish. good luck. I have also noticed. it looks like your rock is sitting on your gravel. You want it to sit on the bottom of the glass. So if a creature digs under the rock the...
  2. mr. limpid

Jester's upgraded 90 gallon tank

QT is easy to maintain. For most small fish a 20 long will do. I keep the filter media what ever you chose sponge or bio balls in your sump. Leave your QT empty only set up prior to fish purchase, make up salt water, PH and temperature correct add media night before than add fish. After QT tear...
  3. mr. limpid

Adding tankmates

The way I introduce fish is, I do it early in the morning before lights come on. I acclimate the new fish the same way as I do into QT, just before add the fish I add nori on a clip to the other side of the tank (all my fish eat nori even the trigger) then I let them lose or just feed them...
  4. mr. limpid

220 gallon FOWLR Build

No problem, always to help others so they don't go through the problems I did. I also painted the bottom of my stand with a water proof two part system. This will help protect the wood from moisture and future water spills. Are you planning to lay plywood on top? This wood help to level the...
  5. mr. limpid

220 gallon FOWLR Build

Just a suggestion, you may want to remove the center support so you can take equipment and the sump in and out of the stand. You can support the center buy adding 2x4 at each of the four center vertical supports and move the top bracing over them. Then add a top horizontal in the middle with two...
  6. mr. limpid

whats easier too do for a beginner in saltwater? im doing a fowlr tank.

Justin, You have a lot of threads going. What size tank do you have and what is in it?
  7. mr. limpid

Jester's upgraded 90 gallon tank

Think of adding a back drop, it will make all your critters and rock pop out better. Looking Good
  8. mr. limpid

29 gallon fowlr stocking !

They are the same species, but there is always a risk when they look different. You would have to watch them and if one stay at the top of the tank and the other hit it every time it moves, you'll have to take one back to the store. Glad you are asking about QT. I bought my first QT 10gal...
  9. mr. limpid

Did you buy the tank yet? If not look at 30 long this much better for saltwater, more water surface area.
  10. mr. limpid

Justin, I have one suggestion for you, research. There are many sites that sell fish look at a few, most of them tell you what size tank is needed to house them. I read in one of the threads someone said buy fish for the size of tank you have, don't plan on going larger plans change. If you...
  11. mr. limpid

29 gallon fowlr stocking !

I would start with watchmen and pistol, let them get established. The red leg is very aggressive, look at the decorated crab not as much. But all crabs are aggressive. Then Basslet or Blenny. Last clowns, tip: purchase small one and a larger one, this will help with one turning female. Once your...
  12. mr. limpid

Looking for fish advice for my new 65 gallon

I would also drop the feather duster. Unless you are will to target feed several times a day. You may want to add more fish, you have room.
  13. mr. limpid

Mr. Limpid 180gal fish only

Beth, Since its a fish only I used the Fluval 2.0 LED's. They nice pop in colors and don't kill you on price. Plus I added the controller so the lights dim and come on automatically.
  14. mr. limpid

Weird marking on side of Naso Tang

definitely stressed, and may had some kind of bacteria because he was eating the night b4 he died. Thanks all for your help. I'm going wait a bit b4 getting another. By the way he was 5" over all.
  15. mr. limpid

Weird marking on side of Naso Tang

Sorry to say he died last night. He was swimming fine and ate mysis shrimp and during the day he ate a quarter of a nori sheet (because that is all I gave him). Only spot was below dark ring and not raised just white spot. No other area had any spots. The dark ring got larger in diameter and was...