Recent content by okiereefer2

1. okiereefer2

I'm kinda nervous

Thank you..not what I was hoping to hear..
  2. okiereefer2

I'm kinda nervous

have run my 120 gal reef tank with 2 emporer400 biowheels, a protein skimmer, and 2 power heads for the last 12 years... finally tired of the noisy biowheels needing cleaned/ replaced, and really tired of lookin at em.. tomorrow arrives a Hydor professional external cannister filter---eco system...
  3. okiereefer2

Bristleworms??

Tried to attach a pic but says too big...think I had this problem before...havent been on the forum for a few years probably
  4. okiereefer2

Bristleworms??

Took off my Remora protein skimmer for what I felt was a much needed cleaning.(was that a mistake?) Found several of these in the goop in the bottom if the body of the skimmer. Rinsed them off with tank water an put them in the skimmer cup til I figure out what to do with them. Thoughts? Thanks
  5. okiereefer2

Any ideas??

Sorry..had to keep cropping my 5.9mb pic to the 1.3mb max upload size.. Never had that problem before but always used laptop before..it quit working so on android device now
  6. okiereefer2

Any ideas??

Picked up a new feather duster at local store..few days later these guys popped up..Anyone know what they are?Looks like little fans
  7. okiereefer2

Blue powder tang or blue hippo tang?

I have both---the Powder blue being the last one added-- My tank is practically all tangs--a yellow, a naso, a hippo, and the powder.. I was real nervous about the powder from what I'd read, but it was eating in no time and doesn't take any crap off of ANYONE.. They are supposed to be rather...
  8. okiereefer2

Green Toadstool Leather from SWF

they've stood behind their live guaranty in every instance with me..over 3years---maybe 3 issues..2 fish dead on arrival, and 1 didn't make the 15 days..Went outside to meet the fedex guy one time, heard him throwing boxes in the truck, popped out the door with my "live fish" box in his hand...
  9. okiereefer2

overrun with baby brittles?

Thanks so much for the feedback...I guess I'll just keep em and let em do their thing..Honestly dont know how I'd ever get em out to send to anyone anyway..
  10. okiereefer2

overrun with baby brittles?

Bought a couple of brittlestars from swf.com about 1 1/2 yrs ago for our 120 reef tank..Theyve probably doubled in size(10-12" tip to tip, at least), and right now, with just a quick search of the rocks, could easily find 100 sets of tiny legs poking out, feeling around the rocks. These are all...
  11. okiereefer2

shrimp disappeared

sorry--isee this addressed in aother post
  12. okiereefer2

brittle star predator?

sorry--had i read a few posts down, id have seen this subject addressed..thanks
  13. okiereefer2

shrimp disappeared

had 2 beautiful blood shrimp and a dozen or so peppermint disappear almost overnight shortly after introducing 2 brittlestars..didnt think they would take out live tankmates, especially something as fast as shrimp..other than some snails that will definitely jump on anything that will lay still...
  14. okiereefer2

new tang?

I have a large Hippo, a med-lrg yellow and a med-large naso in a 120 gal...Anyone see any problem with adding a powder brown? The 3 get along well, some occasional sparring between the hippo and naso, but only when cleaning up the last scraps of dinner it seems. Also a Maroon clown, but didnt...