Recent content by PennywiseXClown

1. P

Refugium Needs

I have it in 7 inches of water, but I do not have an extra powerhead. Should I move the hob filter to the middle for the water movement it will offer? Knowing I put a bubble trap on both sides it should keep the bubbles out of the display and creat good oxygen flow in the refugium. Just an idea..
  2. P

Refugium Needs

okay, so we got a 75 gallon tank today and I have a DIY 20 Long sump for a fish only tank. I built a bubble trap on both the in and return sides around a middle section for a refugium. The tank is a standard 20 gallon long from *****. What should I put in my middle section for the refugium...
  3. P

Algae

so two weeks ago my 44 gallon tank started growing a massive amount of coral algae and the tank looked great. It has started growing on my powerhead and even on the side wall of the tank. Now I noticed an over abundance of green algae growing. I figure the issue is to much light. What is a...
  4. P

Dry rock

Yes I just got one for my other tank. I do love it.
  5. P

Red banded shrimp

Yes it is... Well I have found over the last year that every fish I add ends up dead, except the first two I added. Yellow tail damsel and a clown fish. The shrimp stalks everything else nipping at them at first. It’s during the night I find them dead the next the morning. So I’m woundering if...
  6. P

Dry rock

Well I have no rush on my dry rock system so I will let it go how ever long it needs. Any ideas on good colorful fish with outgoing personalities for a 54 corner fish only tank. I have a lot of white dry rock with more caves and hiding holes than can be counted
  7. P

Red banded shrimp

i have had a red band I’d shrimp for the past year or so. I have noticed every new fish I have added to my tank end up dieing in 3 or 4 days. I had a gobby even jump out at one point. I noticed the other day that my red banded shrimp is following the new additions to the tank and harrasing them...
  8. P

UV Filters

Okay. I was told they don’t offer anything productive for saltwater tanks.
  9. P

UV Filters

are UV filters worth getting and are they beneficial to saltwater tanks? I know they help with water clarity but do they do anything productive?
  10. P

Dry rock

Okay I added a piece of liverock from my established tanks sump. Will put some bio chem in over the weekend and let her ride for a few weeks
  11. P

Dry rock

How long does it take for dry rock to become beneficial for a tank? I have been told a year form some and 3 months from others. Is there a way to speed up the process if I have a tank full of just dry rock with no fish or anything?
  12. P

54 corner ideas

I saw one with a basic 2” pipe .. air stone, and water bottle.
  13. P

54 corner ideas

Will a DIY PVC pipe skimmer be effective in a small 45 gal tank?
  14. P

54 corner ideas

so I was gifted 200 lbs of beautiful dry rock.. i designed a new aquascape for my old corner tank.. looks amazing, at least to me lol. Now.. it’s running on 2 fluval 406 canisters for the time being, because I cannot find a sump to fit under the stand. Dose anyone know of a way to build a sump...
  15. P

Curly Que Nemoni

We didn’t get it anyways the staff damaged it during purchase so we didn’t get it.