Recent content by phoenixrising

1. phoenixrising

Metal Halide and clam requirements?

BTW, who's goldfish? Hmmm...reaching into the recesses of the memory banks...AKA Golfish or BigMac?
  2. phoenixrising

Phosban reactor up and running

I am still running Rowa on my system, however there do seem to be some problems with it on occasion...especially if you have SPS. There are some pretty interesting threads on this subject on other saltwater forums. It may (or may not) be worth your while to research in a broader spectrum.
  3. phoenixrising

OT: anyone using Serene Screen Virtual Aquarium?

Okay...I'm a bit of a computer moron. Uhm...how else would you get it if you didn't pay for it?
  4. phoenixrising

OT: anyone using Serene Screen Virtual Aquarium?

Thanks alot. There goes another $20.00 on the fish! Tried it and bought it right away! Shame on you for mentioning it...especially when I'm trying to pay off my Christmas bills!
  5. phoenixrising

Wet/drys work with fw?

I have used a wet/dry on my discus tank for roughly 4 years. Appears to be working well...:yes:
  6. phoenixrising

Purple Tang

My purple tang lives in a tank that is 6 feet long. IMO, they need the room to swim. 4 ft tanks too short. 25 gallon tanks will get the tang police in a MAJOR uproar! Look up "tangs" in the search feature in the top right of the SWF.com screen you are looking at now. Type in tangs and get ready...
  7. phoenixrising

POLL: Tasting the flake.

The smell I'm sure is a good indicator of the taste. YUCK! Thanks, but I'm not going to try any. I'd gladly walk away from a dare rather than actually EAT that stuff!! For the record, I've never eaten dog, cat, bird or horse food either. I'm doing good just to find a few human foods that I like!
  8. phoenixrising

Mantis' in your reef

I ordered much of my liverock from a place in Florida that aquacultures it. I'll never do that again. The rock is lovely looking, but full of things I don't want in my tank, including mantis shrimp. I have removed several of them over the years and put them in the refugium. Mantis are really...
  9. phoenixrising

Purple lobster - anyone have one??

I added a lovely purple reef lobster about 3 or so years ago. I NEVER see him. Not in the day, not in the night. NEVER. The only way I know he is still in there is that I see his molts once in a while. Too bad too, because he is a striking looking fella.
  10. phoenixrising

OT...So, you think you know it all?

SO YOU THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING? A dime has 118 ridges around the edge. A cat has 32 muscles in each ear. A crocodile cannot stick out its tongue. A dragonfly has a life span of 24 hours. A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds. A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a...
  11. phoenixrising

OT - Earthquake! Anyone in CA feel it?

I used to live in the Napa Valley in CA. We had earthquakes routinely, a few of which were sorta scary. I used to go check my waterbed if I thought the earth was moving under my feet to see if it was rolling. I hope all comes out okay there. 6.5 is nothing to sneeze at...
  12. phoenixrising

OT... need your prayers...

I'm so sorry you had to receive this news. It is impossibly difficult to comprehend at any time of year, but maybe even more so at this time of year. I have every reason to believe that your precious daughter will survive this and claim victory over cancer! There may be times during the course...
  13. phoenixrising

Little Nemo - Day 29

I've watched for every single update with great anticipation! SUPER job Bang!! I'm so thrilled that Nemo is going to make it!
  14. phoenixrising

What salt mix do you use?

Table salt.
  15. phoenixrising

Does anyone keep clams under VHO lights?

This subject has been covered thoroughly and sometimes heatedly in many many threads. Use the search feature in the top right of the SWF screen and type in something like "clams and vho" and see what you get. You may need to play around with the search terms a little bit. Put on your sunglasses...