Recent content by poop_head

1. poop_head

16 gallon cuc

What type of cuc is suggested? 3-4 hermits, 3-4 snails, and an emerald crab?
  2. poop_head

Flickering Light

I've had that happen. It was the pin the on one of the bulbs that was broken so the connection was bad. I would imagine that it is a connection that is loose somewhere.
  3. poop_head

Nova extreme 8x54 or Nova extreme pro 6x54 ?

from what I've heard that the individual reflectors are a must with t5 lighting. With out I've heard that you might as well get PC lights.
  4. poop_head

My 15 Gallon

You will want to take those linkia out. They will starve quickly in that small tank. One is hard enough to keep in large tanks.
  5. poop_head

what is a nano tank?

I've always thought of nanos lower than around 30-35 gallons, but there really is no definition. Just a smaller sized tank. You can have it as a mini reef setup(Corals) or just a fowlr(fish only with live rock). They are harder to manage cause of the small water amounts to dilute toxins/crap...
  6. poop_head

Fuzzy lion in a 24g nano?

K thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to look for a different fish then.
  7. poop_head

Tank size for a Fuzzy Lion?

Ya I'm still debating on it. I'm not sure what I want to do right now.
  8. poop_head

ya its a nano-cube. I got a nano skimmer to put in the back chamber.
  9. poop_head

Fuzzy lion in a 24g nano?

I've seen that the lowest recommended size for the fuzzy lions is 30 gallons. Would one be fine in a 24g or would that be pushing it?
  10. poop_head

Hey I was looking at getting a fuzzy dwarf lion. I have a 24g nano. Would this be large enough. I've seen some say like a 30g is what you would want. Let me know what you think.
  11. poop_head

My 20 gal. ?'s

I forgot to add that you will want to add more cured LR(around 1-2lbs. per gallon) and your sand will become live sand in time.
  12. poop_head

My 20 gal. ?'s

here is one point of advice. Don't believe everything the lfs tells you. Some places are good and only try to do their best while others will just try to sell you crap. Always come and do research then go and buy. I've lost several fish due to bad advice given by lfs.
  13. poop_head

Nanotank Question

It says in the instructions that you should only keep them in if you are doing fish only.
  14. poop_head

How to remove a shroom (shroom rock pics?)

I've done the razor blade way and it worked fine. All the heads are doing great and the base will regrow the head.
  15. poop_head

20 Gal Zero Edge Nano Reef for My Office

Thats a pretty cool looking sump/fuge system. I'm sure the DT will look nice in your office, and be a nice distraction.