Recent content by quads4_lif

1. quads4_lif

Help me create a cheap easy drip line

Here is my really cheap bucket. It is a little ugly sitting next to your tank but if your leaving for a week nobody will see it and then you can just put it all away until needed again
  2. quads4_lif

Can the tank surivie without a filter and skimmer for a couple days?

Just set your skimmer for more of a dryer skimmate. Also can you fit your skimmer with a drain line? It is easy to do with simple stuff from home depot. I fit my ASM skimmer with a drain and also my remora with one. Here is the one I have in my ASM G2
  3. quads4_lif

Help me create a cheap easy drip line

What I did was take an old 5gal salt bucket and hooked up with a nurse to get some IV tubeing drilled a small hole at the bottom of the 5gal bucket shoved the IV bag spike for the tubeing the the bucket higher then my sump set the adjustment on the IV line and filled the bucket with RO water and...
  4. quads4_lif

220 just sitting there?!?!?!?!?

if nothing else buy bulkheads for all the holes then put pvc in the bulkheads and cap them off you can use them at a later time. Also an idea is use all the holes in the middle and build you a center overflow out of acrylic and use the tank with all your plumbing in the middle. Cap off the...
  5. quads4_lif

Need help building a sump

does anybody know the demensions of a tank between 70-90gal?
  6. quads4_lif

Need help building a sump

Ok this is not my first sump build but I am trying to figure out what my options are to fit under my 120 brick. The inside of the stand is a little under 4ft long about 22" wide. What size tanks can I fit under there?
  7. quads4_lif

Need help with Remora skimmer!

I understand that but I guess it would be worth the try.
  8. quads4_lif

Originally Posted by Mr_X it does. maybe if you put a needle wheel pump on it it would work better. it might, but being spray injection and with no airline going to the pump I don't think it will make that big of a difference.
  9. quads4_lif

a few guys on another forum have told me to replace the mag 3 with a mag 5 or mag 7. I thought the smaller remora came with a MJ1200
  10. quads4_lif

Yeah but when its free and no money to buy a better one and you are limited on space. Gotta use whatcha got. I am just trying to make the best out of what I got.
  11. quads4_lif

I have also drilled the cup and cut the skimmer to allow for the drain fitting on the cup. Are there any other mods that can help this skimmer?
  12. quads4_lif

Koralia Pumps ?'s

Another option is to look at the SEIO prop 1000's I like them better than the Korila's. the magnet is much stronger and the Korila #3 which I believe is 850gph is bigger than the SEIO prop 1000 which is 1000gph. And very close in price
  13. quads4_lif

OK I just ran to lowes and found a vacuum cleaner belt that works perfect to set the height.
  14. quads4_lif

ok thanks it did not come with the O-ring do you know where I can get one? Or is there is something else I can use?
  15. quads4_lif

Ok I have a remora skimmer on my tank I know its not the greatest skimmer but it was free and is about all the room I have for a skimmer. I am having a problem with it filling up the cup with just water. I have not ever used one of these skimmers and there was no instructions with it. Any...