Recent content by rainbow grouper

1. rainbow grouper

Please enlighten me.

Well according to my searches wrasses are related to parrot fish (which have the rapid adipose fin movement) which are distantly related to triggerfish so i have a loose connection. Also parrotfish do not eat coral and rather try to get at the algae near or on the coral.
  2. rainbow grouper

Octopus

Great thread my mum wanted to get a blue ringed octopus in our 140 but i IMMEDIATELY Warned her against it. 1. open top easy for him to escape 2. Deathly poisonous could kill anyone of us 3. would kill everything in the tank. I must say though octopuses are amazing and i would love to get one...
  3. rainbow grouper

WHY we have aquariums :)

yes. no pictures but our cats are ALWAYS on top of the freshies (the only ones with lids). If not they are trying to catch the fish through the glass LOL.
  4. rainbow grouper

Your Best Aquarium Stories Featured Monthly!

Great story sip you sure do have a lot of them.
  5. rainbow grouper

A question i have pondered over for many a month

How well could MODERN man survive without electricity? What i think. modern man would be able to survive without electricity but in places like urban America and the UK many would find it VERY hard to adapt and many people would starve to death there also wouldn't be enough agricultural land in...
  6. rainbow grouper

RIP Smokin Joe

Never understood a thing about boxing/wrestling never heard of anyone who has wrestled/boxed i am however intrested in martial arts (not wanting to hijack the thread).
  7. rainbow grouper

Please enlighten me.

Oh i think this would better be suited to the aquarium.
  8. rainbow grouper

Please enlighten me.

So i haven't done any research on this but i have a feeling that the six line wrasse is a distant relative of the trigger family. i say this because for a long time i have noticed triggers and the six line (and eight line ) all have a rapidly moving dorsal/adipose fin am i right or wrong.
  9. rainbow grouper

TANGS!

Great tangs everyone keep them coming.
  10. rainbow grouper

Recovery.

This is GREAT news siptang!
  11. rainbow grouper

TANGS!

LOVE the PBT and your other two tangs i'm not going to come tang policing after you because i know how sentimental you are about this. USUALLY i rant and rant and rant at someone who did that but for reasons stated above i won't
  12. rainbow grouper

whatisthismythaboutnotusingtapwaterlongtermfortanks?

2Quills..yes..we..do..test..for..those..sort..of..things..and..so..far..we..have..had..ideal..water..conditions..for..our..reef..and..treat..to..get..any..chemicals that..could..be..potientally..dangerous..for..the..fish..perhaps..it's..just..our..water
  13. rainbow grouper

Algae Starfish

Quote: Originally Posted by meowzer You have a 3Gallon tank?????????????? Yes)3)G'S)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. rainbow grouper

whatisthismythaboutnotusingtapwaterlongtermfortanks?

First)of)all)i)need)to)apologise)for)lack)of)spaces)the)space)bar)is)not)working But)what)is)this)myth)about)tapwater)isn't)good)for)tanks)longeterm?Now)don't)get)me)wrongilikeRO the)only)reason)it)isn't)used)is)because)it)costs)alot)more)in)evaporation.We)have)been)SWaquarists...
  15. rainbow grouper

Something to say.

This thread mean not no disrespect to ANY other community members but i would like to say something (mods delete this thread if you think it is inappropriate). It seems to me that every time i start a thread people start commenting on things that i do and say. I DO take note that some of the...