Recent content by raptor72

1. raptor72

Anyone know if the hydor slim skim nano fits ok in back of a Red Sea max 130d?

Sorry I know this post is a few weeks old now but I would NOT get the Hydor slim skim nano. I had one for about half a year before I bought a new skimmer. The thing produced no skimmate. Not a good design IMO. What skimmer did you get and how did you like it?
  2. raptor72

Anyone know if the hydor slim skim nano fits ok in back of a Red Sea max 130d?

Sorry I know this post is a few weeks old now but I would NOT get the Hydor slim skim nano. I had one for about half a year before I bought a new skimmer. The thing produced no skimmate. Not a good design IMO. What skimmer did you get and how did you like it?
  3. raptor72

Does GFO affect chaeto growth?

So once the GHA is gone, will it still be possible to grow the chaeto in the fuge?
  4. raptor72

QT essentials

I'm putting together equipment so I can start a QT again. I (will) have a 20 gal, heater, HOB filter, cheap led light, and was wondering if I need a skimmer. What else would be essential?
  5. raptor72

Feeding sea hare so it doesn't starve?

I DO have a GHA problem, and I still haven't been able to keep them alive for more than a month. Awesome to watch, but seem somewhat finicky as far as keeping alive. I've probably gone through about 5 now. :confused:
  6. raptor72

Does GFO affect chaeto growth?

This stuff used to multiply so fast for me, I was always giving it away. Since my GHA problem started and I began using the GFO, I haven't been able to keep a healthy ball of chaeto. It just slowly recedes, like my hairline.
  7. raptor72

What is up with all the ads on the site?

I never get ads......I use adblock    and it's free OH...and it works +1. Much more enjoyable.
  8. raptor72

I have a around 7 that poped up, need help

Strawberry anemone, very common. Its a filter feeder and won't harm anything.
  9. raptor72

Another vacation catastrophy story/ ATO help

I returned Thursday night from a 2 week vacation only to find that my makeshift top off system failed drastically. Long story short, my return section of my sump ran dry and there was no heat going to the tank for probably at least a week. I came home to a tank with no live fish except for a...
  10. raptor72

Retrofit LEDs for canopy

It's a 125 and 18" deep. As far as corals, it's purely softies, a torch and I just added a BTA. I was thinking of adding some LED strips to increase the amount of lighting and also because they would hardly take up any room. I've seen several LED strips on EBay, but I don't want to spend money...
  11. raptor72

Retrofit LEDs for canopy

I have a 72" canopy that has two 34" Wavepoint T-5 retrofit kits side by side. I would like to add some additional lighting by maybe supplementing with a LED retrofit right next to it. Any ideas on who makes a good one?
  12. raptor72

Sick of this GHA!

Bump
  13. raptor72

Sick of this GHA!

I've been doing some reading and I'm thinking of switching out my biopellets for GFO. I'd like to try this before the algae scrubber as it seems like a little less maintenance. Any brands that work better than others?