Recent content by reefkprz

1. reefkprz

links to ALL my fragging/propagation threads.

that tank has been gone for a long time. but to sum it up it did work it made tons of little mushrooms the green ones worked the best for it.
  2. reefkprz

links to ALL my fragging/propagation threads.

wow been a while. wassup folks.
  3. reefkprz

Feed corals?

you can also spot feed certain corals using the method in this thread https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/268119/how-to-spot-feed the corals you listed don't really require spot feeding but you can add coralfod to the tank and they may benefit. the xenia is almost a pure photosynthetic so it...
  4. reefkprz

pls help: need frozen food with edible chunks... not cloud of pollution

I have always fed the "juice" to my tanks and always will especially when they are full or near full of corals. all those littel meaty bits are great foods for the filter feeders, benthic organisms and microfauna of the tank as well as being (dependant on the size of the particle) appropriatly...
  5. reefkprz

Help me ID this please!

turkey wing clam, harmless filter feeder.
  6. reefkprz

How to do a proper water change, by reefkprZ

no prob been a while since I saw this thread, glad some one got some use out of it after all this time.
  7. reefkprz

Acro not doing well??

its definitely not doing well, browning out and lack of polyp extension are bad signs. tough to say whether it needs more light or flow but I would bet on lighting try moving it to a brighter location with good intermittent flow.
  8. reefkprz

PEZenfuego's 4 gallon Pico Tank Diary

I think you would be fine with a skim coat of sand in the bottom for looks. you could also silicone the sand down for the bare bottom effect with the sand look. I wouldnt bother upgrading the return pump. the stock pump should be just fine.
  9. reefkprz

Live rock in neglected tank for 3 years....what to do

I would start by ghost feeding and testing to see what happens.
  10. reefkprz

Favite trouble

what kind of lighting? both was it under and is it under now? was it a drastic change?
  11. reefkprz

Gearing up to rebuild: 125g

PICked up a new coral today a lime green Montipora digita.
  12. reefkprz

mobility in the hand is great its like no damage at all. the skin isnt even tight.
  13. reefkprz

Normal or Not?

looks like a normal diatoms to me its not even a bad case of it I have had far worse no worries. stir the top layer of the sand to force it to cycle its life faster. the diatoms will bloom and consume silicates by buryting them you kill them and force new diatoms to bloom consuming more...
  14. reefkprz

getting frusterated with doing everything left handed, thanks for the words of encouragement guys. 3 more days officially according to the docs before the stitches come out.... I just pulled them the cut is sealed I need the little holes to seal up too so I can reach in my tank again.
  15. reefkprz

Live rock order quality " With Pics "

I dont think its very high quality live rock. it may be bacterially alive but there is little else on it. Some light coraline here and there but overall its very poor excuse for live rock. IMO