Recent content by rydys

1. R

Feeding question

Actually, yes. Based on what the LFS guy (who built and designed the system), the two Tangs and the Goby were all raised together in the same tank and were interacting just fine at the store. I have now had them in my home system for about 3 days and they have not shown any aggression towards...
  2. R

Feeding question

I have been getting some conflicting opinions regarding feeding my fish. I plan on feeding them a rotating mix of frozen cubes twice daily, daily spirulina and a seaweed sheet on a clip. My question is how many cubes should I be feeding them per feeding? Thanks for any help. 75 Gallon aquarium...
  3. R

Has anyone here ever used purchased live bacteria to cycle a tank?

You just made me very happy. I was under the impression that I had to keep a quarantine tank up and running full time. Thank you for all of your great advice.
  4. R

In what way will it help? Will it just turn the reef rock into live rock faster but not actually cycle the tank faster?
  5. R

Has anyone here ever used purchased live bacteria to cycle a tank? I'm looking into it for the sake of speeding up my cycle. Any thoughts?
  6. R

New 75 Gallon with Sump

Where can I buy biopure balls?
  7. R

Starting up a new 75G fish only tank

So if I understand correctly, a properly cycled tank with healthy levels of bacteria and live rock and live sand, with appropriate levels of algae would not need a water change as there will not be any nitrate build up?
  8. R

Just to make sure that I understand correctly; a wet dry is a sump with a spray bar that trickles water down over a medium such as bio-balls which breaks down nitrites into nitrates. The downside of this is that it generates a large amount of nitrates which can only be removed by water changes?
  9. R

How does a sump differ from a wet/dry? My question is what does a sump do that a wet/dry doesn't? If I have a sump with a skimmer in it and a canister, is that better? Or should I forget about the canister altogether?
  10. R

What is the difference between a wet/dry and a sump? I thought they are the same thing! I was told that using live sand and natural sea water will cut down on the cycling time! I forgot to include the wavemaker. Do I also need powerheads if I have a wavemaker?
  11. R

This is my 1st post. So please be nice. I have had freshwater tanks over the years and now finally saved up enough to do saltwater the right way. The #1 goal for this tank is that it should look beautiful, colorful, lively and active and be extremely easy to maintain. I am planning on having a...