Recent content by sberto

1. sberto

RO/DI unit

Ok thanks I'll call tomorrow!
  2. sberto

RO/DI unit

so, I took the advice of everyone and bought an RO/DI unit. I bought second hand the BRS 75gpd value unit. I bought all new filters for it. The membrane I couldn't locally find a 75gpd one so I put an 80gpd in. Fired it up, the bypass flush function works great. But when I close that valve, I...
  3. sberto

One heck of an algae problem

So apparently no one has mexican turbo's here....my choices are either Zebra Turbo's or Chestnut Turbos....any thoughts?
  4. sberto

ok...Ill try and track some down tomorrow./ Good algae eaters I take it?? Oh, and Merry Christmas :)
  5. sberto

Spoke with a guy at my LFS, only has Zebra turbo snails....good enough?
  6. sberto

Really? only 1 in a 90g? (not doubting you but....)
  7. sberto

Thats a good idea...I'll do that for sure when setting up the new one... Yea, the hair algae has taken over my tank for sure, its horrible.
  8. sberto

Well, I will see what the store has to offer and go from there. I think best case (from what i am reading) is that an RODI unit needs to be in my future. So, that being said, when I move I will make sure I have one ready to go so that way when I am making new water I can start off on the...
  9. sberto

ok sounds good.
  10. sberto

Yea I'll run to the grocery store and grab a couple bottles today and do 5 or 10g. Does it matter that I added AlgaeFix yesterday? Ive moved this tank once before about 2 years ago...this next one will be the LAST time I move it. Its definitely a full day dedicated to just tank moving that...
  11. sberto

Yea, thats a good point, I'm sure adding phosphate during my water changes isn't helping. Ive been looking to invest in an RODI system but been pushing it off. Moving in a few months so was going to get it, along with new sand at that point. Any recommendations? I was looking at the BRS 6...
  12. sberto

Hey Beth, Im not too concerned with the cyano, more the green hair algae because it is producing at a ridiculously fast rate (I scraped my glass yesterday, and it needs to be done again today and it covers the rock very fast as well). That being said, the sand in the tank is mostly from the...
  13. sberto

Maybe I'll only run off two bulbs instead of all 4? I added AlgeaFix today and threw a bag of PhosGuard in my sump to see if that helps. I do not use RO water, I never have, and honestly, most people in our area dont on their tanks.
  14. sberto

4 tubes...all recently replaced
  15. sberto

Ill give that a try.