Recent content by snazzywhiskers

1. snazzywhiskers

fish list

You're right...I didn't think about the tank size. I was thinking more about eating the algae and what not, but I see what you're saying there. Mine's in a 72 gal, but I'm not sure how much wider that is compared to a 55...and mine's a bowfront...
  2. snazzywhiskers

fish list

I have to disagree with keeping the longspine urchin...although they can and will knock over frags that are not properly attacked to a secure spot mine has only done this a couple times and it wasn't really a problem as I just stuck the frag back up where it was and secured it down better. Also...
  3. snazzywhiskers

Tank Maintenance Check list

That's better than I could have done! Very nice list! ^^
  4. snazzywhiskers

does anybody know what this stuff isbon my live rock?

That's cool to know! Thanks for clearing that up :)
  5. snazzywhiskers

My Sohal tang nipps Corals and everthing esle !

I'm not sure why he'd go after the corals other than if he's hungry. What and how often are you feeding?
  6. snazzywhiskers

New sun coral

Quote: Originally Posted by coreyulicni What type of food do you normally feed this type of coral. I'm just starting a reef tank and currently only have some polys, red and blue mushrooms, and a Duncan I know this is a little late, but I thought I'd chime in and answer this for you. :) I...
  7. snazzywhiskers

does anybody know what this stuff isbon my live rock?

Looks to me like little feather dusters. I have those pop up from time to time on my rocks, and from what I can tell they're completely harmless. :)
  8. snazzywhiskers

My Sohal tang nipps Corals and everthing esle !

I'd either use a fish trap or net him when he comes to the surface to eat.
  9. snazzywhiskers

Tank Maintenance Check list

Do you want just how often the tank is cleaned and what all is done during this, or even feeding and such worked into the weekly routine?
  10. snazzywhiskers

Help me stay sane

If the fish trap doesn't work I've been able to catch quite a few fish by feeding the tank and scooping the fish out when it swims to the top. Good luck fishing!
  11. snazzywhiskers

Starting reef tank (equipment needed)

No, you do not need all the reactors :) Water changes will replenish most of the minerals that those reactors are pumping into your tank. Also, you'd really only need those if you were using an insane amount of... lets say calcium, but because you are just starting out you wont be using up...
  12. snazzywhiskers

Anyone know anything about Jackknife fish?

I've been seeing a whole lot of videos and pictures lately and have been sucked in by their beauty. Are they only that striking when they are young though? Unfortunately there is not much out there about them, so if you have any information at all that would be awesome. :D
  13. snazzywhiskers

Sea apple care?

Haha yes he does!
  14. snazzywhiskers

Sea apple care?

Those are neat I do have a RBTA... Any other "sea slugs" ?? Lol I love your "ID" pic! Is the dog yours? :)
  15. snazzywhiskers

Sea apple care?

I'm not sure if that's a possibility ATM. That would have been my first choice, but since I can't I'm trying to get other options. :P Well any other animals that are very similer, but no so deadly as an option? :) And I'm just a little skeptical of nanos as the water quality can plummet much...