Recent content by socalnano24

1. socalnano24

Spanko's bio cube, what in Posiden's name is he up to now?

Looking good spanko, is that a feather duster w the long "lashes", looks great!
  2. socalnano24

SocalNano24s Tank Diary

3. socalnano24

New 3-4 gallon nano reef

That sounds good. I kept a 5.5 pico w a firefish in it for about a year, even w a mini skimmer the system was too small to properly maintain the water and eventually got cyano and I broke it down. I think your idea of sexy shrimp will work, I had two in mine.
  4. socalnano24

Wait meowzer hasn't been on since October, what gives? I thought she was addicted to this site!

Wait meowzer hasn't been on since October, what gives? I thought she was addicted to this site!
  5. socalnano24

nissan577 aka Carlos is back!!!!

Hey bud, hows it been? Long time, i finally got a grown up tank, a 60 rimless
  6. socalnano24

SocalNano24s Tank Diary

Thanks guys, learned a lot on here from my noob days. My gf is into the hobby now too so it makes it much easier to spend time and money on the tank. So I have two kessil a150w ocean blue pendant LEDs, the hanger is an assembly i put together w aircraft cable, and some wood struts for trapeze...
  7. socalnano24

SocalNano24s Tank Diary

Thanks honu, its a koralia pump. Here's a few more recent pics
  8. socalnano24

SocalNano24s Tank Diary

Got a new tank! This forum died so i moved over to reef central, but thought I'd give you guys an update since this forum had 5 years of history on it.
  9. socalnano24

Silverado61's Stand and Tank build.

This was a cool project, thanks for sharing. I like ur electrical box and switches.
  10. socalnano24

I'm back!

Thats an awesome little tank !
  11. socalnano24

Chaeto in my hang on back filter?

It won't take over unless you don't manage it for like 3 months. For good algae nutrient exportation, you should trim your macroalgae every few weeks so that it stays healthy (free of detritus and dark spots or yellow light spots) and this will export the nitrates and phosphates the macroalgae...
  12. socalnano24

Biocube filtration question

You can always change it more. I definitely change my filters more in my freshwater also. Chemi pure is also different than standard charcoal.
  13. socalnano24

Biocube filtration question

I would recommend keeping some form of carbon even after establishing a macro algae setup. I use chemi pure elite and try to change it 3 times a year minimum.
  14. socalnano24

What is this??

Haha, well i can definitley recommend to remove that. Haha
  15. socalnano24

Finally Caught the Big Bristle Worm!!!

Holy cow thats huge. I pulled out one once https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/375187/worm-in-chaeto-4-bobbitt-maybe