Recent content by wartooth1

1. wartooth1

Temperature issue

Thanks for the reply Bang Guy! To answer your questions quickly (sorry I'm at work): No No Yes Gotcha... ditching the bottle idea.
  2. wartooth1

Temperature issue

Hello SWF people! I'm having a bit of a temperature problem in my 90 gallon reef. The temperature is warmer than I would like it to be. My basic thermometer usually shows the temperature somewhere in the low to mid 80's. I've tried installing fans under the hood, filling plastic water bottles...
  3. wartooth1

Looking for that crown jewel fish for my tank.

Pegasus, When I first started out I read that by keeping an odd number of fish, the chances of fish fighting are reduced greatly... although I've never had a problem when I had an even amount either... so who know lol
  4. wartooth1

Show off your tank(s)!!

And here is one more :)
  5. wartooth1

Show off your tank(s)!!

:) Thanks! I never uploaded to youtube before, seemed pretty simple to figure out on my phone! Anyway, here's a video! :)
  6. wartooth1

Looking for that crown jewel fish for my tank.

Hello everyone, I've slowly been restocking my 90 gallon reef and I'm pretty much at the point with it that I'm looking for that one WOW fish to add to it. I am contemplating a young Australian Harlequin Tusk that if kept well fed, would hopefully not prey upon my inverts (which include a Fire...
  7. wartooth1

Show off your tank(s)!!

Thanks Kristin1234! The tangs are fine. Both fish went into the tank at the same time, so neither one has a chance to pick a territory in the tank to fight over. So far both have been getting along just fine. As soon as I figure out how to get a video from my phone onto here, I'll be happy to...
  8. wartooth1

Show off your tank(s)!!

Hello! Its been a couple of years since I've been around but I recently upgraded to a 90G reef and found this thread so I'd thought I'd share a pic I took of my tank this morning before heading out to work. Hope you like!
  9. wartooth1

Have some crabs that need ID

Yeah that is what I'm suspecting... jeez I hate it when the LFS straight up lie to you. This was the exact conversation: "These crabs are neat. They look like Fiddler Crabs. Are they?" "No they are not Fiddlers. They have the same care requirements as Emerald Crabs, so if you already have...
  10. wartooth1

Even though the LFS told me they are not Fiddler Crabs, I'm beginning to suspect that they are indeed female Fiddlers... they just look too much like Fiddlers and some quick google-fu tells me that the females don't have the over-sized claw.
  11. wartooth1

Phone's finally working and one of the crabs decided to come out of hiding long enough to take a shot. I'm beginning to suspect the other 2 are dead since the moment they were put into the tank they went into a hiding spot and I've yet to see them leave there... one is even starting to get...
  12. wartooth1

Check out my new Sun Coral :)

Quote: Originally Posted by Mr. Limpid That is BEAUTIFUL. How old is that yellow tang, he looks faded? Don't worry about him :) The pic was taken early this morning and the tang just woke up a few seconds before the shot was taken... he always looks a little bit pale a few minutes after...
  13. wartooth1

Check out my new Sun Coral :)

Just got this over the weekend. Its about the size of a baseball if you cut it in half. Whats really awesome about this Sun, is that its been opening during the day! The pic of it here was taken this morning after the lights have been on for about 45 minutes. It will probably close up in the...
  14. wartooth1

They have little claws very similar to hermit crab claws. So far I've only observed them either hiding withing the rocks or digging around a bit in the substrate. So far its been rare to actually see them out in the open.
  15. wartooth1

I don't know if this is a known issue regarding LED lights so...

I currently have 2 Ecoexotic Panoramas for my 40 gallon tank. I am probably going to add the new 30 inch module that they just came out with where you can adjust the white and blue lighting with the turn of a knob, since it can both provide more light for harder corals and then at night I can...