iidylii

parameters are
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate about 50
ph 8.2
ppt 31
temp 75

I will be doing a wc in the next day or so here to bring the trates down again and will also be bringing my salt level up a bit

jay0705

The way your flow is I would guess its just sitting in the current as its angled down the front of your tank

iidylii

Awww u may actually be right about that...I guess I'll just try turning my flow back down some...I cranked it way up to make sure my mandarin was getting enough oxygen

Funny the other day I put a spare light on my QT where my bangaii and court jester are at and my jester all the sudden came out of hiding like he was doing for the last week so that's awesome...I don't think my card new he was even in there because now there constantly swimming together

iidylii

Ok the bangaii Cardinal and court jester goby came out of QT today and into the DT...here's a couple terrible pics lol

So I now have: 10 fish
1 pj card
3 chromis
1 Royal gramma
1 scooter blenny
1 red scooter
1 mccoskers flasher wrasse
1 bangaii card
1 court jester goby

My next addition will be either a tiger watchman once again...a purple or exquisite firefish...a Midas blenny or a mag foxface...I will likely go with the tiger and Midas blenny at the same time and then the firefish and fox will finish off my peaceful fish list and then onto the semi aggressive list

Attachments

iidylii

yeah I went with the court jester because out of that one and the hector goby I tend to see the hector the most in stores and ppls tanks...

just got the strainer in the mail today from BRS for my sump...which is what I was waiting for before I put the goby in just in case he found his way into the sump...the strainer is gonna work out perfect though...thanks for letting me know of it forbis

on another note...my scooter blenny and red scooter really are trying to mate...I don't think the brown one understands that its not the same type of fish or maybe really doesn't care just wants some action lol...but yeah anyways like I said he changes all different types of colors and dances in front of her and just today im noticing them sticking together as they start swimming together up to the top of the tank just as I have seen them in the you tube videos of scooters mating...I guess she has finally accepted his invitation lol o_O

iidylii

Here's a video of them sorry a little long but they wouldn't hurry up lol watch to the end is where it gets good lol but no it's pretty neat to see

iidylii

ok quick update...today I ordered 3 female ignitus anthias "flame anthias" and 2 two spot gobies from saltwater.com and they should be here Friday...I was originally going to buy the tiger gobies like I had done before but this time the website did not have them so I went with the two spots...I will post pics and or vids in the next few days...

could someone help me out with what salinity saltwater.com ships there fish out at? I ordered once before from them but have forgotten what they come at...I thought it was something like .019 or .021? just wanna have my QT all ready to go when they get here that's all thanks as always

lmforbis

I'd just set the QT up for 1.026 but only 3/4 full. I'd measure the salinity in the bag when they arrive and dilute the water until they match. That way both are measured using the same instrument. Much easier to lower SG than raise it.

iidylii

well that didn't go well im sorry to say...my 2 spots would not even sift sand...I tried all I could to get them to eat they would occaisionally pick at pellets that I would toss in but would lose interest real quick...anyways after a week they both died...this will be the last time I order these 2 fish any other way then from the divers den...

I also had no luck with the 3 anthias...they to would not eat very well...I had these 3 in a 20 gallon tall QT and after about a week one after another started dropping...idk what happened with these 3 especially when the most of the things I read say the care level is easy...so idk makes me a little nervous to order any more of them

from now on no matter what fish it is...I will be ordering from the divers den...you might pay a tiny bit more but sooooo worth it instead of buying the same fish over and over again...

on another note my dad put his 2 butterflies "pearlscale" "auriga" into his 125 gal 2 weeks ago after being in QT and they are still looking great

iidylii

My 3 urchins that I have had about a year now long spine short spine and pencil urchin

I dont know what happened on that last batch of fish but the 7 I currently have in the tank look great and I used there water for my QT water so I just don't know anyways here's a pic of the urchins
image.jpeg

jay0705

Anthias are not easy! Your gobys are interesting my golden,yellow watch and Hectors all sifted and ate frozen.
Now looking back at your previous fish stock you don't have a large fish. Have you thought about a fox or Dwarf angel?

iidylii

well I know that two spot gobies are in the difficult to expert care level so I should know better then to keep trying with these unless I get them from divers den...but yes my court jester sifts and eats whatever else just fine as well as my dads diamond and my brothers golden head...can't remember what fish book it is I have but on a scale of 1-5...1 being "leave the fish in the ocean" the 2 spot was a level 2 difficulty...

and yes jay I will be getting a magnificent fox and a flame angel...the flame will be added last with my maroon clown maybe not the same time but those two will be my last two fish...

jay0705

Very good. I am surprised you don't have clowns already. Alot of folks add those first to the tank. I've been looking for a fox myself.

iidylii

Yeah I figure a maroon is one of not the most aggressive clowns and probably the most aggressive fish that will end up in the tank so best to add it last...trust me it's very hard for me not to have gotten one already lol

My dads got a fox lo in his tank now for a couple months and it's doing very well

jay0705

Lol my maroon isn't bad, I hear stories of there aggression but mine is well behaved. I am intrested to see if that changes once I move her to the 75 tho lol

iidylii

Yeah just to be safe that's the way I've decided to take lol

What is she in now? Maybe she's less agg because of being female?