selecting tankmates for a Cream Angelfish

pfcbizz

Hello I was thinking of trying a cream angelfish in my 180 gallon when it's up and running, but my other selections will be a Voliton Lionfish, Niger Trigger, Sailfin Tang to name a few and I'm wondering if these tankmates ok, I've read that these selections are threats but I seen at my local ***** a cream angel and a lionfish being housed together.

lmforbis

For starters I wouldn't buy any fish from ***** unless you have a stringent quarantine protocol and are prepared to deal with any number of parasites. Generally speaking I wouldn't base long term compatibility on how the fish are housed in a pet store, especially *****. There are exceptions and some Petcos have knowledgeable employees in the fish department but often they are just kids.

deejeff0442

I have gotten my last 5 fish from *****. Of course I have a 37 gallon qt. Just got 2 snowflake clowns. They had no idea what they were 20 bucks lol. Almost felt bad leaving with them. Also a flame hawk. So far no disease but other tanks there had lympho . So far 3 weeks in qt they look perfect. I would buy from them but as said qt is a must
As for the angel except for other angels almost anything can go with them.

jay0705

Agreed on *****. Qt,qt,and qt. My Naso is from there never had an issue but definitely a place disease runs rampant

pfcbizz

Excuse me, with all due respect Lol i'm not gonna buy any fish from ***** I know better, but thanks for that advise, but my question was and still is if the cream angel would do ok in the tank with my selection I mentioned thats all.

deejeff0442

Sorry don't even know where ***** came into this.
Lionfish tend to get nipped at on the fins. I had an emperror angel and a lion with no problems

pfcbizz

I
Sorry don't even know where ***** came into this.
Lionfish tend to get nipped at on the fins. I had an emperror angel and a lion with no problems
've heard about angels nipping at lionfish before but people at my LFS tell me it would be ok, so what do you think about a tang and trigger in the tank ?