Corallife Biocube 29 issues

ireland

Ok so I must have something wrong with my set up. I pulled out the bioballs and the sponge in front of the pump. I have my heater in the first chamber. In the second chamber I have the two media racks, one with purigen, chem-pure elite, chemi pure blue, and floss and the second media rack has the chaeto in it. My third chamber has the pump.

My second chamber won't stay more then 1/3 to half full, and my pump chamber is low as well. I have the fish protector in. It gets a little higher when I pull that out but still not over half way full.

Any help would be appreciated. In the meantime I'm going to keep reading threads and checking YouTube.

Thanks

deejeff0442

My lord that's alot of stuff. Is the floss across the whole section? Sounds like something is not flowing. 3rd chamber means you are low on water obviously. Why do you have so much stuff in there?
Not picking just curious. All I run is a skimmer and a hob phosphate reactor in my sump with rock rubble in the pump return chamber.

ireland

No the floss isn't across the whole thing just where the water is coming in to get the big stuff.

deejeff0442

What big stuff? I never trusted socks or floss.
My overflow has a filter good enough.
Any way to post a pic of the sump? Might be missing something .
I never built a 3 section sump always just 2

deejeff0442

There are 3 sections on tanks that small?
Huh . If it's manufacturer built shouldn't be any issues. I assume they test them design wise? I never had a tank under 55 gallons and always built my own sumps

one-fish

Pump output is more that return input, something is impeding it.. pump filter is clogged.... my 002