Help ID. Possible feather duster

Yes I've been watching it grow for months. It just came from nowhere. I just wasn't sure because the tube isn't white like I usually see and it has never had a crown.

2quills

It's probably shed the crown but if conditions are decent it should only take a couple of weeks to start seeing a new one.

Xenia, doesn't look terribly thrilled. I can't seem to keep it alive with elevated levels of alk. But they don't seem to like low alk either.

Have you checked parameters lately?

Every thing is ticked I'm in the middle of a flat worm out break. I've bought a velvet nudibranch, a damsel that is supposed to eat them. I finally got flatworm exit and I took the pick during the treatment.

2quills

Looks like a fairly newer tube as well. They can leave their old tube move and re grow another. Hopefully you'll see the makings of a new crown soon.

The tube looks a lot like my old Hawaiian duster.

Ok I was wondering because I never had one in the tank and like I said I've been watching it grow from day one. One of those luck hitchhikers.

2quills

They seem to like to come out more at night. It may feel threatened durring the day.