Stocking suggestions

Shilpan

Hey guys!
Need stocking advice.

400L (105 gallon) tank with sump and macroalgae refugium. Got pods, snails, bristle sea stars and a few weird slugs. Tank has good swim room, 4 feet across.
Stocking list:
Rabbit foxface
Blue sided fairy wrasse
Yellow head sleeper goby
Bengali Cardinal
Ocellaris clown
Ocellaris clown
CB shrimp
3 soft corals

In future I want you add two more fish. One mandarin (working on increasing pods since my goby decimated my population which just recently recovered now after introducing my wrasse), and secondly a LARGE FISH LIKE THE FOXFACE.

Any suggestions compatability wise? I hear angels are hard to keep, Tang's might fight with foxface cause they look similar. Any suggestions? And QT size to go with it?

lmforbis

Angels will likely nip at coral unless you do one like the watanabi, lamarks, etc. (genacanthus). They are reef safe. A bristle tooth tang (kole, tomimi, chevron, etc) or yellow tang would look good and should be fine with the fox face.

iidylii

Agreed the fox is not an aggressive fish at all.
my fox is surprisingly the most aggressive fish in my tank...not saying he hurts any other fish but he definitely will chase fish on occaision...

I like the list you have though and yes the tang that was mentioned above would be nice...I personally would be putting a bit more fish in there ;) that's just me lol

Shilpan

Haha yeah I want to add more

But I'm unsure how far I can go before I need to add additional equipment. My tank runs without dosing or reactors or even gfo lol. Just macro refugium, LR, skimmer and purigen. I'm feel like once I start overstocking, the system wont tolerate it.

iidylii

No your probably right...there's no rush just add one fish at a time and see where you end up...

If you check my updated tank post...I have 15 fish in approx the same gallon tank as u...actually 10 gallons less...and I run the same basic setup as you...I do have a massive skimmer and sump though...

But yeah like I said I would just keep adding fish until your comfortable...I actually made a list of every fish I was going to get and bought them from least aggressive to most in order

Shilpan

Ahh nice! lol I like basic set ups cause they're cheap!

Once I get a full time job then I'll consider adding some stuff in

And good on you! That's awesome planning