Luvmyreef's 20g Nano Build

luvmyreef

Yeah, the royal gramma was the fish I wanted the day I picked up the 6 line, but they were out of stock. Their coloration will be a great addition to the main tank. The goby is hiding under the rock but here is the gramma.
[/URL][/IMG]

iidylii

welcome back although I didn't know you before because I myself have really only been here a year lol...anyways love the scape...I have a cube tank and also have gone with a C scape...

luvmyreef

Thanks! Just an update....both fish are doing great and eating mysis. No signs of disease :) I'm gonna keep them in QT for now. I will post pics of the goby once I get a good one. As soon as I pull the camera out he hides lol!

lmforbis

That is the problem with gobies. I have two Tongaroa gobies, very skittish. Moved them into my 125 a couple weeks ago and haven't seen them since. Might just be that they are only about an inch and a half long and they are transparent white with tiny red and white dots. Even if they are out I don't know that I'd see them with the white sand.

luvmyreef

Well, time for an update. Both fish are doing great and are without signs of disease, so I placed them both in the DT with the clowns. The clowns have been good so far, and the goby is kind of hanging out on their side of the tank now. The gramma is still scared and is hiding for the moment. Once they get comfortable, I will get pics. Now, it is time to do some coral shopping. :D

luvmyreef

Yeah my gramma took a good 7-10 days to get comfortable and now is out swimming the entire day...looks good so far
Thanks! It did take the gramma longer to settle in for some reason. I actually thought the goby would be worse but it wasn't. They are all doing great. :)

luvmyreef

So, just an update. This little tank is doing good. I changed the aquascape some. Here is an updated pic. A few of the crew are hiding. I added a couple coral. The green acropora lost a little color during quarantine but is coloring back up nicely.
[/URL][/IMG]

luvmyreef

The setosa.
[/URL][/IMG]
The red and green monti cap frags.
[/URL][/IMG]
A few shots of my pair of clowns.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

luvmyreef

Ok, just an update. I am getting decent growth of the coral but I feel it could be better. Also, my green slimmer still has not colored back up after it lost color in quarantine. It's a light flesh color with bright lime green polyps. I never had issues with metal halides and color. I have placed an order thru brs and am adding a mini reactor to use a mix of carbon and gfo. I have a feeling my phosphate levels are elevated. I have cheato in the sump but I am seeing a few strands of "hair algae" on the rock. It's not the standard type, seems like it's coarser. Maybe a form of turf?? It might have hitchhiked in the cheato. I wouldn't have used it if I'd known! Anyway, figure it will not hurt to run a reactor. I was considering the Zeo-vit method as well but opted to try this first. My nitrate level is zero, so I'm aiming at phos levels. I am going to turn down the white LEDs as well, and shorten the time they are on. I think this should work.

Last edited:

luvmyreef

Pic of the growth so far.....
The red monti cap

The setosa

New addition :)

Problem algae.. :(

Last edited:

luvmyreef

Ok, so for those who care, I put the mini reactor into use tonight. Thank you BRS. Seems like a great little product. I'm running a mix of rox carbon and Gfo. The algae has gotten worse so I hope this will help. I only feed frozen fish food such as mysis and brine shrimp, and I do not over feed but I will not starve my fish either. I do regular 20% water changes with RO/DI water every 1-2 weeks. So, I will let you all know how it works out. :rolleyes:

luvmyreef

Well, the reactor worked like a charm. With the reactor, rinsing of all food and frequent water changes, all algae disappeared. I am in the process of transferring everything into a 40g breeder so I will start a new thread on that. This will probably be temporary because we may be moving in the next year and if so, I am going to revive my 180g tank!! So excited to get that back up and running, I really miss my tangs...

luvmyreef

Thank you. The tank was changed up a bit since those pics. It is ridiculous on the steps to upload pics, resizing, etc or I would post new ones.