5g reef

snakeblitz33

Gonna clean it and do a water change.

The montipora started looking funny after I increased the lighting intensity, so I backed off to the previous setting when it was doing well.

I'm considering completely removing the old filter floss and replacing it with some quilters batting.... I think the old filter has become a nitrate burden on the system.

I wish I could get a few pounds of black sand to mix things up again. I wish I could move the tank to a better spot.

snakeblitz33

I could get black sand, but they sell it for $30 for 20lbs and I only need 3 or 4 pounds. I'm not damaging product... I used to own a store, I know how frustrating that is.

The LFS was closed Saturday, so I wasn't able to get new saltwater for a water change this weekend. Dimming the lights a little bit seemed to have helped a little bit.

I'm not going to clean the glass or anything until I get new saltwater. The placement of the tank makes it difficult to do maintenance. Maybe the next tank I start, I'll pick a better spot when my kids are older.

snakeblitz33

The montipora that I have in the tank just doesn't look the same since I used that epoxy to epoxy the rocks together. The polyps haven't come out, but it has grown a little bit. I'm wondering if there is something toxic in the water. I might do a total tank reset and go ahead and bite the bullet and buy that 20lbs of black sand after all.

I'll find someone to house my corals for a month or so. The tank needs to be completely ready by August.

snakeblitz33

Won't be long until I move the tank to my biology classroom. Can't wait!

Macna is coming up soon. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys and gals there.

snakeblitz33

I won't be putting my salt tank at the school. They have too many air conditioning problems.

I'll keep it at home and take care of it. Soon as it's cleaned again, I'll take some photos, but apparently Photobucket didn't like me posting to third parties. I'll have to figure out another way.

Anyways, see y'all around.

silverado61

I won't be putting my salt tank at the school. They have too many air conditioning problems.

I'll keep it at home and take care of it. Soon as it's cleaned again, I'll take some photos, but apparently Photobucket didn't like me posting to third parties. I'll have to figure out another way.

Anyways, see y'all around.
Just upload directly from your computer. That's the way I've always done it.

snakeblitz33

MACNA has inspired me to build a larger, better tank. I just have to find room to put it.

I'm probably going with a rimless JBJ tank and buying another Kessil A80.

snakeblitz33

I've been obsessively testing my tanks parameters and have been adjusting them accordingly. Needless to say, my parameters were way out of wack. But I finally got it all where it needs to be.

I'm considering a tropic Marin powdered product right now. Anyways, I'll let y'all know what's going on soon.

snakeblitz33

Those new GHL automatic alkalinity testers and dosers were pretty neat at MACNA this year.

I enjoy the equipment and the biology, more than anything. I'm thinking about getting a larger tiny tank than this 5g I have, so that I can play with the new industry toys. Lol!