Bangai cardinal

jay0705

What is everyones experience with these guys? My biggest question is best single or in groups?

lmforbis

I love them. I've never had a group but I've heard they are harder to keep as a group than PJs. They will breed in captivity if you have a pair. They are mouth browsers like African cichlids. It would be cool to have a breeding pair.

jay0705

Hmm. How do you tell the sex's apart? I only got 1 bc the place i got them from only keeps them singly. So far very happy with it tho. Eats like a pig lol

jay0705

Lol hmm. Well i have 2 more tanks i could one in. Maybe I'll try another and see if there compatible

jay0705

Oh cool. This is my first one. I moved all my fish out of my "qt" and into the big tank finally. It left the black clown alone. So i wanted to add a few tank mates. I got the card and a gramma.

iidylii

Yeah I have just a single guy...he does great had him for over a year now...my dad however had 2 of them and after like a year of being just fine together the one started ripping the other ones fins all up so eventually the one being picked on just sat up in a corner shaking like a leaf all day...my dad then put it back into QT and it did just fine again then a month later put it back in the DT with the other bully bangaii again and about a week later the qt guy was nowhere to be found so i dont know what happened but it seems like a fluke or something...I tend to think they would be ok together but who knows..

My bangaii and pj have been together about a year and do just fine so far