New Need Help!

WAZZUP625

So I've got a few questions on saltwater fish don't know if I'll get a response but you guys seem very legitament so I'll ask any ways. I've had freshwater tanks for about 5 or so years and have some extra cash so I was thinking of getting a salt water tank I have an old 10 gallon laying around was wondering if there are any fish or inverts that could live in a tank that small if not what size tank should I get? Also are coral and such required for saltwater tanks and what are the things needed for saltwater tanks? Finally this will be a work in progress so I probably won't get it up and running for awhile but when it is what fish or inverts should I start out with (blennys and cowfish look pretty awesome) as I am experienced with fish but kinda have no idea what to do when it comes to saltwater so any other tips would be helpful. Last time I dealt with the loss of my entire long time FW tank to do bad NTD disease outbreak so I am definitely wanting to get hardy fish as my ego got hit pretty hard after my last dealings with FW tanks so I thought maybe it's time for SW thanks for your time.

jay0705

Easy answer is yes a fish in a 10 is doable lol. Better option is a 75. No corals are not needed. Fish and live rock is fine. Clown fish, damsels , some blennys are a hardy fish. I do reccomend a qt tank however

beaslbob

Yes you can have a very nice 10g. to the reef guys it's called a nano and I believe the have a forum here for those.

I was start with a refugium, best and external one but it could be just an partition made from 1/4" square plastic grid (egg crate). that's sole as lighting diffusers for dropped ceilings at building supply stores.

After add water and rocks I would start the system with macro algae like chaetomorphia. And get it established for a week or two to condition the system and balance out and stabilize operation.

then I would ass a single male molly and not add food a week. then start feeding a single flake per day. Once you get the molly to survive for a few weeks your system should be ready for the more expensive marine only fish.

my .02