Sooo starfish died. . .

kunathm

Still green algea (seems to be getting better)

Hermit crabs, snails, shrimp and emerald crab is all that survived my moms gift of too soon in the tank

All levels are still fine, and it's about the5 week mark ..

What next ?

kunathm

Should I get a clown and anemone at the same time ? And how would I qt when I only have the one tank ?

jay0705

No nem!! Lol get a 2nd tank as a qt. I know alot of folks dont qt but i still had to mention it

jay0705

Oh yea. Huge misnomer , clowns do not need a nem. Alot don't even take to a nem. I have 4 clowns, no nems

lmforbis

Your tank needs to be at least a year old and very stable and you need very intense lighting for a nem.
My clown is also nem less.

jay0705

I have looked at getting a nem. Since i upgraded i only have my maroon, a damsel, saddle puffer, and mandy in my 75. I've just heard so many stories of them eating the fish ive stayed away

lmforbis

The only nem I've ever had a problem with was a carpet. It ate everything fish crabs shrimp and brittle star only the clarkii was saved. Tried to eat me too. Every time I got my hand near it clamped on and wouldn't let go. I had marks for days. Never had an issue with a bubble tip eating fish

kunathm

So one or two clowns, or can I do a clown and blue tang ?
But don't know if the 5 year old (or I) could handle nemo and dory diying !?!?!

lmforbis

Yep you need at least a 125 that is 6' long for most tangs. And for the few that are smaller I'd say a 75 is the minimum.

Just make sure they are the same species of clown and both are young and you should be fine.

kunathm

Ok, gotcha.

I still have algea on the live rock and some on the glass. Should I get more cleaners or no?