Surprise Additions!

jussery17

Nice!!! I love the bright green palys ....dang man, all of the corals you got look amazing and healthy... sounds like a great price as well!! Need to make a trip to your lfs....where is that at? Getting a paly tomorrow you just gotta see, will post picks tomorrow! Looks good man!

jussery17

Hey do you dose phytoplankton? I bought a small bottle by Seachem tonight bc I read on the back it maintains coral growth..... as I have zoas and a frogspawn, is this necessary or beneficial? What's your take on it? Should I get my money back?

dustintx

I have 2 local LFS all about salt water here in Ohio and they all say no need to feed....mostly photosynthesis. However I was debating on getting some of that feed as well to feed my pods in the refugium. So why not right? Lol

jussery17

Hmmm, well as I'm just really wanting to get them to spread all over something I was looking for something to help them out....I will dose fuel sometimes, but will def go get my money back lol..... may have to make a road trip to check out that store there in Ohio!

dustintx

Corals Galore has everything! !!!!
I'm thinking about fragging a peice of the star polyp tomorrow and glueing it to my back glass. I think it will end up bad ass. Still debating. That's why nothing is glued yet (well part of the reason).

jussery17

It was a really hard decision but I went with the palys instead of the blue striped mushrooms...... after acclimating and dipping, I put them in and opened up immediately .....very happy to see that....... noticed last night that my peppermint shrimp kept trying to get on top of them.... he wouldn't eat any zoas would he? Or just pick crap around them?
KIMG0467.jpg

dustintx

Wow,those are nice man! I'm not quite sure. My hermits and cleaner shrimp get on mine sometimes but haven't seen them actually eat the zoas. Just looks like a normal routine cleaning to me. Maybe Jay has better answers.

jussery17

DId you cut all those and place them that way or did they spread naturally like that? Like the green also!
And I couldn't tell if he was eating them maybe cleaning around them but shooed him away bc my ultimate KO Nightmare paly I ordered got eaten a few weeks ago! So just kinda leery about it.... and jay would say "Pep don't eat zoos." lol short and sweet.......giving you shit jay