Fish skin problems

silverado61

Beth, I hope you read this. A friend on another forum posted this pick and needs to know what it is. Can you help?
Fish disease.jpg

2quills

I'm just guessing but I'd say some sort of bacterial infection. Either hlle or something else.

Looks like the flesh is peeling off.

silverado61

Looks like it's peeling off to me too. I have no idea what hlle is. I'm going to try to get hime to join us here. He's a member of a Facebook page titled "Marine Keeping for Beginners" and you wouldn't believe some of the BS answers most of these people dish out. I'm actually going to try to get as many from there as I can. These people need answers and they're not getting them.

jay0705

HLLE. Head lateral line erosion. Common due to poor diet in tangs. Idk if thats it tho. This looks bad, i would treat with a anti and clean water tho

jay0705

You can try and message her. She should get an email notification. I do if i get a message

silverado61

I don't know WTF is wrong but for some reason I'm unable to message anybody here. It keeps coming up as an error.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry I didn't catch this. Been rather busy lately. You can always PM me and I'll get that in my email notification. It did look like HLLE but would need a lot more info about the situation to pin down the problems causing it. Sorry for the fish loss. Died that quickly, it would have likely been too late to do much.

silverado61

Beth: I tried to PM you but for some reason I kept getting an error. I can Pm Jay so I don't know what went wrong. Unfortunately the guy I was trying to help was more interested in taking advise from others whos advice was all over the place and I decided that I can't help someone who won't listen. So I guess he's on his own from here. He's already looking to buy more fish and I do mean that plural with no QT. I had to walk away before I started banging my head against the wall. I tried to get him over to this forum but it was like he couldn't hear me. Gave him the link and everything.

jay0705

Pisses you off doesn't. People wana do what they wana do and there is no talking to some of them

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately most hobbyists prefer to learn their lessons via the school of hard knocks rather than actually listening, reading, learning. What can you do.