210 stand

Joe K

I am building a stand for my aqueon 210. I am using using a simple design with 2x6 for the frame. The tank is 6ft long. I am wondering what others may have experienced in regards to the crown on the boards. At 6ft long it is next to impossible to find a board that doesn't have some sort of crown. Right now I have them placed crown up but the tank does not make contact in all corners. There is 3/4" playwood on top of the 2x6s as well. Any advice would be great!

2quills

Best thing to do is shim the plywood all the way around the top. Not many other good ways to do it.

Joe K

Thanks for the input. I've been reading DIY stand articles and watching videos. I'm surprised nobody mentions it. I think it would a common issue people face. My only concern with shimming is if the crown will start to correct under the weight off the filled tank and cause pressure points else where

Last edited:

lmforbis

I’ve built many stands over the years and have never had an issue with that. I do pick my lumber very carefully for the top part. Largest I’ve done was a 125. I did have a center support on that one So the span was only e feet. My current one is a 120 with a 5 foot span. I’m thinking a big part for me is the 3/4 plywood skin. It may even things out Since the plywood is cut very straight.