Thoughts on Fish List

Wasdal052

New 36 gallon tank. Cycled for 2 months, slowly built up a clean up crew that currently is made up of 1 peppermint shrimp, 1 cleaner shrimp and about 10 hermit crabs (varied species). Nitrites are 0, nitrates are below 20 with semi-regular ghost feeding (flakes). Salinity is 1.024. This is what I'm thinking for a fish list:

1 ocellaris clown
1 royal gramma
1 green chromis

I'd like to add that group one at a time (with quarantine time and an observation period in the tank before adding the next one). I'd also like to add a royal urchin at some point, but want the tank to mature a little longer.

Does this seem like a reasonable stock for my tank size and specs? I can't decide if any of the above list should be pairs or if singular of each species is ok. I don't want to overstock.

lmforbis

That would work very well. Glad to see you are quarantining and going slow. That is the best path to success with salt water. In a 36 you could add a couple more fish like a shrimp gobie or a second oscelaris clown. (You’d want to quarantine the two clowns together if you opt for a pair)

lmforbis

They tend to pick on other fish and they are prone to a disease called uronema marinum. Uronema is a parasite you can’t get out of the tank once it is in The tank.