Search results

1. oceana

anyone have some of these?

yes. trade/buy, whatever ya got
  2. oceana

Quote: Originally Posted by BTLDreef At first I wanted to say Yuma, but I think it's just really fancy pimple mushroom. I'm interested to see what others say, either way, it's got really nice colors! yes 100% NOT a yuma or ric. i have seen and touched this in person and it is just a common...
  3. oceana

hello all. I was hoping somone could point me in the direction of some of these mushrooms. posted in a few places and still cant find one. any help and or opinions would be greatly appriciated .
  4. oceana

Nano Reefers! Info and Tank Photos!

i will be tossing another tank into the ring later this week. i got board last week and bought a solana cardiff system for the kitchen. i'll get pic of in a bit. the only fish will be our breading pair of gold stripe maroons. toher then that i just stole coral from the large tank and filled it uip
  5. oceana

775 tank video. new aquascape

Originally Posted by Kevin_Bullis I love it! That tank is amazing and so is that Naso, gorgouse streamers! Kevin Thanks man. He is my all time favorite fish. When i saw him i had to have him and he was also a crazy good deal. If you notice he also has his tail spikes still which is hard to...
  6. oceana

thats why my kids love this style tank so much. they will sit out there as long as we let them. my daughter is only 7 and she can name corals and a fish and like looking them up in books to find new things that will go well. tons of interest which i love. nothing makes this hobby better then...
  7. oceana

got the last of the rock and sand in at last and i am happy now with the aquascape. we tossed in a few corals we had hanging around in the other tanks just to get started not very many corals yet but i thought i would post a quick video so that i can keep track of progress over time.
  8. oceana

a few new pics of my tangs

Originally Posted by roberteb I love the shot of the blonde naso eating from your hand. How long have you had him/her? not very long. just a few weeks. its the newest addition and the largest at nearly 11-12 inches. the other tanks are only about 8. she is a beast
  9. oceana

Originally Posted by BTLDreef You have guts for training the clownfish. My clown would go right past the food and straight for human flesh, she's so mean! I'm working on my Anthias right now, but they want no part of it i know what you mean. we have a maroon in the other tank that is super...
  10. oceana

Originally Posted by Life~Reefer Nice & healthy looking tangs. Those purple tangs are awesome! thanks. the purple was being camera shy which is odd because he is normally the first one standing at attention when we come up to the tanks. great color. VERY rich and bold markings.
  11. oceana

storm season is coming. that=possible power outages.

Originally Posted by hawkfishman i think the only time temp would be a factor against the fish would be at night ofc. im just afraid to one day wake up to the power being out for a while and i slept through it. and are there battery powered power heads? not that i have seen. i would think if...
  12. oceana

storm season is coming. that=possible power outages.

short term ( meaning a few days or so it is not a big deal at all to not have your lights and filters. your biggest concern is keeping the water MOVING. some sort of flow must be provided. even a simple battery opperated air pump will work. best bet is a small power head. as long as you keep it...
  13. oceana

Originally Posted by IbanEz That is neat, I wonder if that would work for a lion fish? hahaha i'm sure it would but i dont think i would be brave enough to find out. ouch!
  14. oceana

thanks. a few months i would say but over all once they all learned that the food comes from us when we show up they all came around VERy quickly. i started by NEVEr feeding and walking away. this way they got used to eating with us around. then we would keep our hands in the tank the whole time...
  15. oceana

plumbing problems

i would say do not cement them in. cement the bottom side but not the top. or better yet make sure to get the double threaded one so you can screw then and and out as you see fit.
  16. oceana

Originally Posted by nissan577 really amazing tangs and pics you got going on here! this is from your lagoon right???? yes its the lagoon raceway. finally getting it stocked up and looking like a reef.
  17. oceana

Originally Posted by BLACK COBRA Do you have a full tank shot? Is this a big shallow aquarium? Looks amazing from just the feeding pics yes i will have more tank shots soon. took along break from this build but just got back to it. and yes it is big but no that shallow. Its 2 foot deep 3 foot...
  18. oceana

hey all i was feeding the tangs today and felt like taking a few pictures. very social bunch and extremely interested in us. always brshing against our hands when in the tank and sticking thier heads out of the water just to say hello. and yes they are all very large tangs but the biggest is the...
  19. oceana

A ~19,000 Gallon Fish Tank

you will not need the foam edge. i have three one small one. one that is 13x13x10 and one that 12x36x10 they all float very well and are rather sturdy in the water. someitmes i even put larger rocks in them while movign things around and they stay up no problem at all
  20. oceana

A ~19,000 Gallon Fish Tank

Originally Posted by reid4 not my picture i found it on another thread. just thought i would post it this looks like a cool build :) hey those are mine lol. and yes is till use them. great boxes