Search results

1. farslayer

Wi-Fi water quality detector

Does anyone know of a quality tank water quality detector which can be controlled/monitored by google hub?
  2. farslayer

HOB Skimmer for Aqueon 75g

I have an Aqueon 75g tank, and this tank has a thick lip on top, measuring about 1.25". No skimmer I've found can fit over the lip, and I need a skimmer badly. Can anyone recommend a skimmer which is sold here? I'm ready to buy today from this site only. Thanks, Richard
  3. farslayer

henniochus butterful

I've got a 125G with really no swimming fish, just a foxface, some small guys and then tons of coral/inverts. I really like this butterfly, but was told they had to be schooled to do well. Anyone have any experience with these guys in a reef situation? What would be a good number to have in a...
  4. farslayer

Question re: limewater

Ok, so I've been told that I need to top off with limewater. So far, I've only topped off with RO water. I have a 125G reef and I mix up my RO water in a 26G trash can in my garage. I keep the can full and simply pump out whatever top off water I need into the display directly using an...
  5. farslayer

Batfish

My LFS has a batfish, it's red and the name starts with an o, like "orbit" or something similar. This thing looks great, eats like a pig, and is very cool. Does anyone have any idea as to what the problem would be keeping this guy in a 125G reef?
  6. farslayer

Jellyfish Tank

Ok, anybody ever try something like this? I am now seriously considering what was once just a goofy idea in my head.
  7. farslayer

Sun conch

Anyone ever heard of these? They're $5 at my LFS.
  8. farslayer

Pics of my 125

I realized that I don't think I've ever posted any pics of my stuff! So, here's some of my goodies... This first pic (sorry it's blurry but I didn't crop, only resized!) shows a few of my favorites. You can see my candy cane, some yellow polyps, my AWESOME yellow fiji leather (the pic does it...
  9. farslayer

Berghia nudibranch

Anyone have any experience with these aptasia eaters?
  10. farslayer

Question for overflow

So I've opted to use an old 29G tank as a sump/fuge for my 125G. I know, it's not quite big enough, but I don't really need it for much other than housing some equipment and maybe some macroalgaes. I've never used a sump before and have never had any issues with nitrates or anything, but I...
  11. farslayer

Green Bali Sea Hare

Anyone have any experience with these? Got a hair algae issue :)
  12. farslayer

Chiller question

I've got an Aqua Logic drop in chiller, 1/4 HP, which has worked great for about a year. Now, only the very end of the coil is cold, the rest is, well, not. I think it is due to it being covered with green algae that I've tried to scrub off to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions for a...
  13. farslayer

New sea anemone discovered

They've discovered a new type of sea anemone living in a whale carcass. This is really cool so I thought I would share it. The link below is to a science site, they sell nothing. http://www.livescience.com/animals/0...one_whale.html
  14. farslayer

Coldwater tank

I was interested in setting up a coldwater salt tank. Does anyone have any experience with them or could anyone point me to a good resource?
  15. farslayer

PlusRite MH bulbs

Anyone ever use these? I bought four 250W 14K since they were dirt cheap to try them, and man, they look as white as the 10Ks!
  16. farslayer

Marble Sea Star

Are these reef safe? They are listed as being so, but I always have my doubts. I don't have a star and don't want a Linkia, so thought he might be a viable alternative.
  17. farslayer

Dwarf Yellow Tip Hermit Crab

Anyone have any experience with these? They are listed as eating hair algae and cyno and are said to be a reef safe hermit. Any thoughts? I have a 125G.
  18. farslayer

Pictures of 14K and 20K

I'm planning to replace my year old 10K HQI bulbs with something more blue. I have 4x250W in there now, but am considering purchasing 4 Ocean HQI bulbs at either 14K or 20K (the price is just too good to pass up, unless someone here says they suck). So I was wondering if anyone had some...
  19. farslayer

Ocean HQI Double Ended Metal Halide Bulbs

Any thoughts on these? I am looking at the 12K and was wondering how blue they would appear and if they were worth the money or not. I'm looking at buying 4 250W bulbs.
  20. farslayer

Ocean HQI Double Ended Metal Halide Bulbs

Any thoughts on these MH bulbs? They come in 12K and 20K. How blue exactly is 12K? I'm tired of that white look, I have to go with something more blue, but not like deep sea blue.