Search results

1. justlooking

automatic fish feeder issue

So I bought an eheim feeder and am setting it up. I have a plastic piece on back of tank which I cut a hole in for heat control plug that only fits cord but I'm not sure how I should/could set up eheim feeder since I have fish that jump if there are openings. The feeder part has about a 3/4 inch...
  2. justlooking

Vacation Automatic Feed

I am going away this summer for about 8-9 days and have a couple fish who jump so am worried about putting in an automatic feeder which would probably have to leave openings in the top and could allow fish to jump out. Any recommendations as I'd prefer to get a feeder. Not sure if there are any...
  3. justlooking

dead sponge

bought a sponge that was treated and cleared of all chemicals. boiled it. is it safe to put in the tank? its white and moves around nice in the current
  4. justlooking

Bristle Worms

I have a bunch of very small thin redish/pink worms. Have had them a long time but now I see 3 very big pink worms. 10x the width of the small ones and like 3x the length. 7-8 inches long. Are they bad? Should I get rid of the big ones? What do I do once I catch them if I don't want to kill them...
  5. justlooking

5 day feeder

I know with my fresh water fish I can get a feeder which will take care of the fish for a week. Anything like this with saltwater? I cant attach a feeder because fish get through and jump out etc... so I need something I can put inside the tank. Any suggestions? My tank is a 46bow: CC...
  6. justlooking

HorseShoe Crabs

So I bought 2 very small ones. About an 1-2 inches long. They are kind of neat but basically burrow and walk around under the substrate. I have CC substrate. They are in a long established 46bow tank. Anyone have any experience with these? I have heard mixed things with some people saying they...
  7. justlooking

Yasha Shrimp Goby Bonded With Pistol

I have had a bonded pair for long pair but they disappeared for like 10 days and sometimes they get buried under and thought they had died. Tore apart tank and the pistol shrimp is alive but no sign of the yasha. I ordered another yasha and pistol shrimp. Can 2 pistol shrimp bond with one yasha...
  8. justlooking

Little three hole rectangular cave from freshwater

Have one of those non-painted fresh water (looks like a gray brick) tunnels and thought my saltwater fish will like swimming in it. I think if I throw some substrate etc on top it will look natural. Heard its fine to put in tank, just wanted to make sure. Mostly for my yasha goby who digs under...
  9. justlooking

Microjet MC450

I have a 46bow and have never used a jet before. No problems in tank 10+ years. Pros of adding a pump? Cons?
  10. justlooking

Fish Food Expiration (freeze dried tubifex worms)

Just has a copyright of 1993 on side. I think its only like 10 years old. Its freeze dried so could still be good?
  11. justlooking

Kent Marine Biosediment (Refugium Substrate)

Couple questions. Any expiration on this? It is about 10 years old. Also, can this be placed directly in tank for sand-sifters. Seems to say it can but not sure.
  12. justlooking

Test Kits

Do test kits expire? Have one about 10 years old. I generally change 25%-30% of the water in the tank every 4-5 weeks. Seems to work.
  13. justlooking

Nitrate Sponge Ganular Nitrate Absorber

How effective are these to put in your filter cartridges? Do they really help? Also, is there an expiration on these "pebbles"? I have an old big jar but they are about 10 years old.
  14. justlooking

blackcap jawfish compatible with shrimp?

I have had pearly jawfish in with my ghost shrimp (who live in the tank-no one eats) and sexy shrimp. I know the pearly jawfish are generally fine with ghost shrimp and sexy shrimp. There is a blackcap jawfish for sale by me and every site says "possible threat to small delicate shrimp". Anyone...
  15. justlooking

What new bulb?

I have a 46bow tank. I have one bulb which is a corallife trichromatic 6500k full spectrum bulb. Then I HAD (it just went dead) an all-aquarium 30w preheat bulb, just bright white bulb I guess. What bulb would go best with my trichromatic bulb, I am thinking a bright white bulb of some kind. Any...
  16. justlooking

Barnacle Blenny

Every place I tried seems to be out of these, anyone know where I can find a couple?
  17. justlooking

Replacing a bulb

I have a cc substrate, fish and invertabraes. No live corals. My 36" 30 watt all-glass aquarium bulb just went (well one of them it takes two bulbs). At my local store they have the all-aquarium glass 36" but it seems to be 25 watts. Any suggestions for a 30 watt bulb that is similar? Dont want...
  18. justlooking

Lighting

I have a cc substrate, fish and invertabraes. No live corals. My 36" 30 watt all-glass aquarium bulb just went (well one of them it takes two bulbs). At my local store they have the all-aquarium glass 36" but it seems to be 25 watts. Any suggestions for a 30 watt bulb that is similar? Dont want...
  19. justlooking

Flame Angelfish

I want to add one to my 46bow. Have some ghost shrimp and sexy anemoe shrimp in there along with some cleaner gobies, yasha hashia gobie, pistol shrimp, firefish and 2 chromis, algae blenny and watchman goby. Tank has been with these fish for over a year. Also some hermit crabs run around the...
  20. justlooking

Jawfish types

Tommorow am getting a jawfish. Store has 4 types, the blue jeweled blue one which is more then I want to spend and then the pearly, dusky, and black cap types. I do have some small shrimp in the tank and fish. I hear all 3 are fine with those but wondering any differences in traits or...