Search results

1. acrylic51

LED puck options........

Looking into several different LED puck options currently available....What's everyones input or thoughts? Aurora Puck $110.00 For full spectrum color lovers this is the ideal puck! You'll get 4 channels of control and 7 colors of LEDs! All LEDs are from our regular stock and each puck...
  2. acrylic51

Connecting Frag/Grow out tank to Main System

Ok guys....Been a while since I've been around, but curious as to every ones thoughts on connect a frag/grow out system to the main system.....Would like to hear every ones pros and cons......
  3. acrylic51

Frag Tank Build

Need some help and suggestions for my frag tank build......Tank dimensions are 48"Lx12"Wx12"H.....There will be 3 tanks made, but trying to decide on where to place the overflow boxes on these tanks...... Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
  4. acrylic51

Galaxy SIII or Iphone5

All right guys.....Help me decide....ready for a new phone....Been on this Iphone 4 for the past couple years.....Trying to decide if I want to go Galaxy SIII or stay with the Iphone5......Haven't really had any issues with the Iphone, other than dropping it and running it over with an 80,000lb...
  5. acrylic51

Need ideas on how to heat my saltwater mixing station........

I've had my mixing station built and just been running RO water in it for curing and treating the LR water....I'm nearing the stage of being to collect water actually for the DT and curious how I should go about heating the water...... I'm not using traditional Brute cans, so just dropping a...
  6. acrylic51

Anyone running a bio pellet reactor

Curious if anyone is running a reactor and your thoughts......
  7. acrylic51

Pretty Cool Site

I found a pretty cool site some might want to check out.....Dixiereef dot com......
  8. acrylic51

Lowes or HD Marine 2 part Epoxy

Anyone use I think it's made by Loctite or someone else the 2 part marine epoxy to bond some rock......Curious as to what others have tried.....Some rock just seems way to brittle to actually drill......I know some have tried the putty, but I've heard mixed results with that.....My rock is...
  9. acrylic51

Inverts, CUC & Ich

Doing a bit of reading, and curious what's every ones take on inverts and such carrying the dreaded ICH..........
  10. acrylic51

Happy Birthday Gemmy!!!!!!

Let's all wish Gemmy a Happy Birthday!!!!!!!
  11. acrylic51

Phosphates From Frozen Foods......

Thought I'd post this over here as well, which will make some interesting reading........ http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2012/3/chemistry
  12. acrylic51

Phosphates From Frozen Foods.......

That this might be an interesting article for whoever hasn't read......... http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2012/3/chemistry
  13. acrylic51

Chaeto

Is it possible to grow Chaeto in a tank and what are the requirements to do so.........
  14. acrylic51

E.S.V. B-Ionic Salt

Anyone out there using this salt mix......Your thoughts, conclusions.......
  15. acrylic51

Quarantine Tank Size

Still in the build process, but getting closer to bringing my main system online, but wanting to get some good info and ideas on a good size quarantine tank......The DT will be stocked with Tangs being the largest inhabitants, so I'm looking to be able to keep my Tangs in quarantine for extended...
  16. acrylic51

Attention All Math Wizards!!!!!

I've worked with WeldOn 40 in the past, but for whatever reason the calculator or formula has escaped my mind on how to calculate how to figure how much of each component is needed to yield a ratio of 100:5. With WeldOn 40 it is a 2part mixture. I need "X" amount of part A and "X" amount of...
  17. acrylic51

Salt Mixes.....What are you using????

Curious if anyone has used the D-D H2 Ocean salt mix.......From what I've read so far decent reviews.....Appears the mix does leave a sediment in the bottom of the mixing container, but other than that appears the numbers are in line....Anyone with experience using it?????
  18. acrylic51

Cann 75-300mm

Is this a decent lens? What is a good macro lens for good close up pics?
  19. acrylic51

Gauging Interest!!!! People Interested in DIY LED Builds?????

Curious as to who out there has an interest in building their own LED systems? Anyone started looking at sources for LEDs???? Drivers??? Etc..... Chime in!!!!!!!
  20. acrylic51

AT A LOSS!!!!!!!!

Ok guys.....I'm at a total loss and don't know where or what to actually test for.....I ran into an old friend from years ago, that is still in the hobby......He's been having ongoing problems with the tank for the past 5 years lets say.....He did a complete tear down a bit ago on the tank due...