Search results

1. fishieness

A few pictures

Hey everyone, I know. I just posted pictures not too long ago. But I just upgraded to t5s and gotta show the colors! I have a 24" tek light on my 20" tank. I just made some legs with PVC. I was running a aquablue+, 2 ATI blue+, and a figi purple. I just switched out the aquablue+ for...
  2. fishieness

cracked bulb?

hey everyone. i'm "downgrading" my lighting from a 400 watt MH to a 250 watt de. (i put the quotation marks because i am also downgrading tanks form a 40 breeder to a 10 gallon :D )... anyways. i have the fixture but just bought a new bulb. the outermost piece of glass is slightly cracked...
  3. fishieness

chemistry homework + "new" pics = posting pictures!

hey everyone. i am trying to procrastinate from some of my chemistry homework so i thought id post some pictures of my tank. I have already shown these ones at another board, so sorry if any of you have seen them. but i wanted to post a few of them here too.
  4. fishieness

a few quick pics

hey everyone, some of you may have seen a few of these pics form other sites, but i thought id post them here because i havent posted here in quite some time, while i used to many times a day. lol i recently upgraded to a 400 watt halide with a radium bulb from my 250s. now loking to upgrade...
  5. fishieness

sugar in an automatic feeder?

hey everyone. my mom has an automatic that she used to use for the betta in her office for days when she didnt come in. i was thinking of dosing sugar in it. it also has other settings so you can slowly go up to your desired dose and since it doses every day, you are actualy able of going...
  6. fishieness

hey viper,look what i have!!

hello everyone Viper: if you remember, a while ago you posted a thread with dendros, balanos, and duncans. i had been looking for all of the species for quite some time. well, i asked my LFS once i found out ORA has some (same company yours is from right?) and they ordered some!! i picked it...
  7. fishieness

i kinda like this one...

I kinda like this one....even if you cant see the male tell me what you think!
  8. fishieness

highschooler's thread!!

okay everyone, i want to see some pics of the tanks of some of my fellow high schoolers out there. there have been a few threads of this in the past, but as we all know, tanks get better (hopefully) and the crowd on this board comes and goes. so go for it!!!! ***)
  9. fishieness

acro eating SHRIMP?!!

hello, i dont think it is true, but i am wondering if anyone has heard of any reports. i ahve onemilli colonly which hasnt been doing well. i believe it is because it is shading itself and the flow isnt the best where it is. but today i saw 2 of my hermits in it which caused me to look closer...
  10. fishieness

deltec MC HOB series

hello everyone. i am lookign to upgrade my HOB skimmer. right now i have a remora pro with an upgraded pump and a ksimming box. i also have a coralife super skimmer 65. these are both on my 40 breeder and i would like an even better skimmer. i was looking into the deltecs and was wondering...
  11. fishieness

new camera=new pics!

hello everyone. a while ago i tried posting some pics but you really couldnt see anything because the camera was so bad. just a bunch of color. but it was my brithday on tuseday so i got a new camera. here are a few top-down pics i just took. commments/suggestions always welcome ***)...
  12. fishieness

selecon question

in my ever ongoing attempt to get my clownfish to breed, i purchased some selecon and i have a few questions on it: -first off, it says to add .5 mL and that it will not affect water quality.... but i dont really see how that is possible... is it jsut because since it is a fatty acid it isnt...
  13. fishieness

SUPER quick RO question

hello all. ive always used a DI filter for my reef and fowlr tanks, but it is too much for the cartridges to be able to replace all the time so i bought a 125 gph RO unit form a fellow reefer. and im wondering quickly, is this 125 gallons that it produces? or 125 gpd that is run thought it...
  14. fishieness

crocea with torn mantle!!

help! last night i got a millipora and i was temp acclimating it. and the bag had come loose and was blown around by powerheads a little. apparently it went strait in my clam and the clam closed shut on it. i had not realized it at first because there was too much surface aggitation to look...
  15. fishieness

acro crab or crab of doom?

hello. i just got a really nice millipora at my LFS. and there was a small white acro crab in it that was jsut a riot. i walked over to the tank and he threw out his claws and threatened me. he's quite the character. But now i got it home in my tank and i see there is another crab in there...
  16. fishieness

Utube and float switch dependancy?

okay.... so long story short..... my reef has a history of floods for reasons that i will not get into now. my mom said if it happens again, i have to sell all my tanks. We've already had to replace the cieling downstairs. But anyways, i jsut finished a sump and am now worried about what...
  17. fishieness

Sandstorm!!!! :-o

okay, so i have been in the process of setting up a sump for over a year now (most of it was taken up by trying to convince my mom after she had said yes, then now). so tonight i FINALY get everythign i need, it is all set up. i decide to stay up late tonight to try to get everything done...
  18. fishieness

Valentini's teeth growing

hello everyone. I have had my valentini puffer in my 29 gallon since about feb or march of 2005. So he has been there a while. But his teeth are growing and it is now become a problem because he is having trouble eating larger pieces. I have to break it up into tiny pieces for him to eat. He...
  19. fishieness

the INTERNET premire

of my tank! I finaly buckled down and took some pics. they suck, i know. sorry the pics are so bad, my camera happens to be horrible, but i got it for free. My friend and i were mountain biking and he spilt gatorade on it, the video part no longer worked, but the picture did, so when he got a...
  20. fishieness

oceana/bangguy/others?inducing clowns to spawn

okay. so i have a pair of ocellarus. ive had them for a few months.... since feb i think. anyways, before me, they beloonged to someone else for 2 years but never spawned. currently they share by 40 gallon breeder with a mandarin dragonette (please dont say anything, i have 100 pounds of lr...