Search results

1. jrandolph1

Getting back into the fun of things

Hello everyone and thank you for taking an interest in my post. My wife and I got into the hobby back in '04 and saltwaterfish.com used to be a more than once a day stop on our adventures on the net. We had a 180gal all glass brand tank with all the right equipment and absolutely loved the...
  2. jrandolph1

Ahhhhhh....

Man. This apstaisia or however you spell it is really ticking me off. I guess I need to get a non-apuacultured pepermint shrimp. I don't want to use chemicals and the Boiling water and buffer mix trick doesn't seem to phase them very long. Any other ideas anyone. Jon
  3. jrandolph1

Competition for food...

Does anyone know if the dragonets and six line wrasse compete for food? I ask b/c we had a mandarin for a little over a year and it was fine until we added the six line wrasse and I believe it starved to death. We have a 2 1/2 year old established 180 gal reef tank with 200lbs of live rock plus...
  4. jrandolph1

LFS Outdoor Saltwater Pond Pics

You guys and gals have got to check this out!!! Especially the protien skimmer!!!
  5. jrandolph1

Viper HQI Nano Lights on a Big Tank

I am looking to get 3 JBJ K-2 Viper HQI 150 Watt Fixtures for my 180 gallon reef tank. I also plan on using my power compac fixture as a stricktly atinic fixture. It has 4 96 watt square pin lamps in it. I was just wondering if anybody has any advice and would know where to get those fixtures...
  6. jrandolph1

180 Gal Complete Setup in FL

180 Gallon All Glass Aquarium w/ Overflows Dimmensions 72" x 24" x 24" Glass Tops Oak Trim and Oak Cabinet stand Wet Dry Filtration for Aquarium up to 300 Gallons Berlin Turbo Protien Skimmer Magdrive 18 (1800 Gallons per hour) Pump Large Magfloat Cleaning Tools 2 part PH Buffer (about 4 months...
  7. jrandolph1

Fish suggestions???

We were givien a 55 gal tank with a skilter which we have saltwater and a cool looking empty barnicle cluster in. We already have a 180 reef set up so I thought we could do something different in this small one but I don't know what. For some strange reason, my husband wants to stick a Mantis...
  8. jrandolph1

Pulsing Zenia question...

We recently purchased some Pulsing Zenias and at the store they were pulsing fine (fully opening and closing) now they stay open and barely pulse. I thought maybe they were getting too much light so I moved them down. Any one have any suggestions?
  9. jrandolph1

Hitchhiker ID help...

I already checked the thread with the hitchhiker listing and it's not there. I think it might be a button polyp set but they are lavender to white not green, brown or orange. When the lights are off, they go into themselves and look like a worm or rounded tube. We don't have metal hali. yet. Do...
  10. jrandolph1

ID question...

We bought a nice piece of live rock about a month ago. We had noticed a strange little critter on it (can't find it now) and don't know what it is. It is very very small. It hides out in the rock crevass and looks like a tiny jelly fish that got shoved in the rock and only the tenticles stick...