Search results

1. natclanwy

Pics of an ORA Green Stylophora from SWF.com

Like the title says: Has anyone ordered an ORA Green Stylophora from SWF.com and would like to share some pics? I am trying to put together a coral order and the pic on their website looks good but I am curious on how close it represents the actual corals they ship.
  2. natclanwy

Need some suggestions on how to remove a large bristle worm

Well like the title implies I have a very large bristle worm that needs to go, I have one that tried to eat one of my new zoa frags it pulled the whole frag and plug it was mounted to under the sand. It already pulled a large 12" tall colt coral under the sand and ate it, I gave it some slack on...
  3. natclanwy

Keeping a Red Sea Fan? (Gorgonia sp)

Does anyone have any experience keeping a Red sea fan? I am looking at one at the LFS but I was trying to find some info one their care requirements, size, growth rate ect.. and so far I haven't been able find much of anything specific to this species. I am assuming that it is non-photosynthetic...
  4. natclanwy

Creepy crawlys Just in time for Halloween

Wish I would have had my camera handy tonight, I normally have a pretty strong constitution and most creepy crawlys don't really bother me but I just encountered a very large worm in my tank I'm guessing better than 8 inches long and about the size of a fat pencil with an iridescent white color...
  5. natclanwy

Pics of the Oklahoma Aquarium in Tulsa

I visited the Oklahoma last month and took some pics and thought I would share, so here you go hope you like them.
  6. natclanwy

New pics from my tank

7. natclanwy

LFS in Tulsa OK

I am going to be in Tulsa the first week of August and I will have some time in the evenings to wander around and thought that I would check out some of the LFS in the area. Does anyone have any reccomendations?
  8. natclanwy

Pyramidellid or Rissoid snail?

Just found several of these on the glass in my tank, and I am hoping for a positive ID are they Pyramidellid, Rissoid or something different all together? I have noticed tons of eggs on my glass over the last few months not sure what was laying the eggs and never got a chance to take a picture...
  9. natclanwy

Need some help with percula clowns

I have two percula clowns that have been in my tank for about a year and have coexisted without problem until about a week ago. Now for whatever reason the largest one has started chasing the smaller one and it is starting to get some ragged fins. I haven't added any new livestock in several...
  10. natclanwy

Need some help fragging some zoas

I need some suggestions on how to go about fragging some of these zoas the rock they are on is epoxied into place so I can't really remove them without trying to break the rock off and I can do that I'm sure the epoxy doesn't have a real strong bond but I don't want to risk messing up my...
  11. natclanwy

Tank trim and tank temperature

I thought I would share this little bit info I just discovered on my tank. I redesigned my sump and skimmer system a few months ago and ever since my tank temps have been high. I attibuted it to the new mag 9.5 pump for my skimmer and just let it go since it had only increased from 78deg to...
  12. natclanwy

The Monster

Here's some pics of my green brittle star coming out for a meal. My nephew has dubbed it "The Monster" and loves to come over and feed him. Sorry Pics are a little blurry it was kind of a rush to grab the camera and snap some pics before he retreated to his den. He doesn't come out and stand on...
  13. natclanwy

Need some ID's on coral and spongy growth

Need a couple of Id's on coral and some sponge like growth on my rock Here is the sponge-like growth it is was spreading pretty fast to anything around it but for the last couple of months it has been pretty stagnant. Here is the first coral I need an ID on I thought it was some type of...
  14. natclanwy

New pics of my corals

Every thing is finally getting settled in after my sump, skimmer, and filter upgrades and looking better than ever so I thought I would post some pics. I also need to give thanks to Dennis210 and Scopus Tang for the nice frags.Please ID this coral for meXenia Green Zoas Need an ID on this...
  15. natclanwy

Armegeddon zoanthid ID

Does anyone know what characteristics a zoa has to have to be an Armageddon zoa? I recently purchased a zoa frag from the LFS and it has two fluorescent orange (like a highlighter) bands around it with a light tan skirt. The pics I have looked at on ZoaID look very close. If anyone has any pics...
  16. natclanwy

Is this coral beyond hope? Hitchhiker ID

This is a pic of my candy cane coral that I thought was dead after my sump disaster but on closer inspection I noticed it looks like their is still some flesh left. Will this coral possibly recover? Also I just noticed this little anenome above the candy cane it popped up the other day and I was...
  17. natclanwy

Need help with my Acro

I origanally posted in the coral forum but haven't recieved many responses so I thought I would try here also. I have an Staghorn that is slowly losing its color, it started at the end of one branch and has since travled down the branch to the base and now has started up the main branch and...
  18. natclanwy

Need help with a bleaching Acro

I recently purchased a large Staghorn acro and it looked okay for about the first week or so and then started bleaching on one branch on saturday and today almost half of it is bleached. I am trying to figure out what is going on since this is my first acro. Here's a little history of my...
  19. natclanwy

Acropora ID

I picked this large Acro up last week at a LFS and it was listed just as a an acropora I was wondering if anyone could give me the specific species
  20. natclanwy

Algea free Piranha magnet cleaner review

I just did a major overhaul on my sump system and ordered some new equipment one of which was the Algae free Piranha magnet cleaner and scraper. I love this new cleaner the magnet is definitely strong compared to the mag-float that I had this thing is probably 10 times stronger. The best part is...