Search results

1. anonome

Pics of my 125 reef

Hi all. I thought I would share some of my more recent pics. Hard to believe that the tank is going on 5 years old. Time sure flies. Enjoy.
  2. anonome

Why would a "reef safe fish" become unsafe all of a sudden?

Hi all, I am very puzzled with this one. I have a 125g reef tank with all sorts of coral, clams etc., and a good selection of fish. My question pertains to my foxface, which I have had for over 3 yrs. He is about 5-6 inches and very friendly, and well fed. My question is that I purchased a...
  3. anonome

Curiosity question for you all!!

Why is it that no matter how much I feed my fish, they insist on feeding off of each others poo? My tank is mostly herbivore fish and every time one of the fish poops they run for it, gobble, gobble. %% I assume that like a cat they cannot metabolise all of the greenery, but it is still...
  4. anonome

Very sad day

My beloved coral beauty died today. I bought this fish online late 2000. It has been through 2 tank moves, 55g to a 125g, and 1 entire tank move (when I moved to a different home). I don't think I have been so upset over loosing a fish as much as this one. RIP..........
  5. anonome

My sailfin tang growth

Thought I would share in a few pics of my sailfin's growth over the years. I finally got a decent pic of him. Enjoy. I only wish I saved the picture of him/her when I first got him in 2004 about the size of a silver dollar. As you can see, his coloring has changed.
  6. anonome

Michael...Flricordia, after seeing yours I got one for my tank, thanks!

Flricordia, you have inspired me to delve into ricordia's. Thanks. Here is my newest addition. It is really a nice shade of red/orange. I have placed it up high, but not sure exactly where it needs to be placed. Anyone can help me on this one. Thanks all.
  7. anonome

BIG....Your avatar is awesome!! new member to the tank?

Hey Big, your new avatar of the porcupine is really good, is this a new addition? How is it doing in the reef?
  8. anonome

Candy cane splitting pics

My candy cane is definately enjoying the new lights.....upgraded from pc lighting a year ago to 150w halides. ( April of 2007) I just recently changed the bulbs from 10k to 20k end of September and everything is popping. Sorry the updated pic is just with the actinics, but you get the idea, it...
  9. anonome

New zoa frag....need ID please

Hello all, I picked up a zoa frag and was wondering if anyone had an idea of what it might be called. It has very small polyps, brown skirt with bright green, and blue centers. The green is extremely bright.
  10. anonome

Rabbitfish and sailfin did the tango

My rabbitfish and sailfin today were sparing over something and left my sailfin with a barb in his side. My question, is this something I need to worry about, or will nature take care of it? No signs of paralyse or lethargy or appetite, but worried about infection. Any advise is always...
  11. anonome

Gardening question for all you gardeners out there.

Now is spring bulb planting time. I have been busy trying to get my ideas on paper so I can plant. I absolutely love tulips.......but so do my squirrels. I have lots of them!!! Besides a gun.....(not that I haven't thought about it) can anyone recommend a spray, or technique that has worked for...
  12. anonome

Playing with my camera.....updated pics

Some pics of my tank.
  13. anonome

Metal halide hqi replacement bulb question

Hello all, I would like to hear from people that have switched from 150w 10,000k hqi bulbs to something else. I ordered and received XM 150w 15,000k hqi replacement bulbs. I have been running 10,000k bulbs, pleased, but want something more natural looking. 10,000k bulbs just look too bright, too...
  14. anonome

Serious Question for knowledgeable reefers

Hello fellow reefers. I have a small problem with my 125g reef tank. More of an aesthetics problem, but know that this could lead to a deeper problem. I am running a (3)150w hqi lighting system from Corallife and have new halides on order...they are 15 mo old, and know that this is probably the...
  15. anonome

Yellow Assessor anyone?

I got a yellow assessor and was wondering if anyone else had one? Post your pic if you do. Full of spunk for such a little fish. Feeds right in there with the "piranhas", my tangs. They are such aggressive feeders, and since day one he has been right there with them.
  16. anonome

2 Koralia #1 powerheads for sale...Brand new!!

I have (2) Koralia #1 powerheads for sale. I bought these for a smaller tank, which I have decided to not set up. These have never been installed!!! Brand spanking new!!! I paid $29.00 plus shipping each, but since I need these to be gone I am offering to sale them for $29.00 each, and this...
  17. anonome

My 125 reef, almost 2yrs old!!

Well, my tank is pushing its birthday.........2 yrs old. Has been through a move to boot, December of 2007. So here it is........Enjoy.
  18. anonome

72" Aqualight power compact for sale in No. Va.

I have a 72" Aqualight with 2 96w 10,000k bulbs , 2 96w actinic bulbs, and 6 lunar lights for sale. Custom mounting legs to sit on top of the tank. This is for pick-up only....unless you pay for shipping. I have no box to fit this in. It is in very good condition, but the acrylic lens has...
  19. anonome

Question about two of my crocea clams

Hello all, I have two crocea clams that have been with me for almost two years. They were both much, much smaller when purchased. My question is this......One of the clams on the left side of the tank seems to always have a widened opening, almost gaping, and I can see its gills (first pic). It...
  20. anonome

Growth of figi leather in my tank

Hey all, I was going through some photo's and deleting those I don't need anymore when I found one of my figi yellow leather right after I bought it. The little pathetic one on the left never did recover the move, but boy has the other one really grown. Almost 2 years, and this pic actually...