Search results

1. sluggo

Cozumel or Calica Mexico

My wife and I are taking a cruise in August and was wondering if anyone has been to either of these places. If so can anyone tell me a little bit about them or maybe have a few pics from them. Thanks. Don
  2. sluggo

Has anyone been to The Aquarium Restaurant

Just wondering, has anyone been to the Aquarium Restaurant in Nashville, Tennessee? They have a 200,000 gallon aquarium that you dine beside. The aquarium has a lot of different kinds of fish, a very large eel, 7 black tip reef sharks , 1 white tip reef shark and 1 nurse shark. The Food was...
  3. sluggo

Question for Ophiura

Ophiura, I think that I recall that you worked in a large public aquarium. I have read so much about doing regular water changes and was wondering how large public aquariums handle this. I know that Ripleys Aquarium of the Smokies is 750,000 gallons and I just can't imagine changing 75,000...
  4. sluggo

Minimum tank size

What is the minimum tank size for a Mermaid? Don
  5. sluggo

Blue Hippo Tang sex

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between a male and a female Hippo? Is there a difference in color, body size, or what? Thanks. Don
  6. sluggo

Major problem in tank

Within the past week I have lost two fish and now my large Lopezi Tang is breathing very labored and will not eat. I checked my water and took a sample to the LFS yesterday, Nitrates were a little high (20), Nitrites (.25) but other than that no problem. What could possibly be happening in my...
  7. sluggo

Can anyone identify the disease?

I recently, like in the past week had a Red Pearscale Butterfly die. Then this morning my Lemonpeel Angel died. The mouth and lips of the Butterfly turned red a day or to before it died, the Angel did not. I checked my water and also had it checked at the LFS and our readings agree. Nothing...
  8. sluggo

Red Pearscale injured?

I have Red Pearlscale Butterfly that I added a couple of weeks ago that has what appears to be an injury on its mouth. For the last couple of days it has not been eating and just seems to hover around in the same place. Today I noticed that its mouth is quite red around the lips. The rest of...
  9. sluggo

Is ophiura around anywhere

Hey, ophiura I hear that you are the resident expert on Starfish. Have you had any experience with Basket Stars? Are they any harder to keep than other varieties? On a scale of 1 to 10 what is their care level? Thanks. Don
  10. sluggo

Pics of my tank

Attempting to post pics
  11. sluggo

Live Rock Question

I Have had my saltwater aquarium for about 3 years now and have been adding live rock since it first cycled. Now I have what appears to be hundreds of small Feather Dusters all over the rock. Some are red and some are white. Are these actualy Feather Dusters or are they some form of nuisance...