Search results

1. lubeck

New Kessil Lighting announced

dont have all the details but they annouced a new light with external and third party controllability. available by the end of the month....
  2. lubeck

110 gal Mixed Reef Build. 180 gal System

Well I'm picking up a used 110 gal acrylic drilled tank and stand tomorrow for $300. 60x18x24. As you can see it has a blue background and is drilled for a closed loop but does not have an overflow. The stand internal dimensions are 58x15x28. I will need help with this dimension to get the...
  3. lubeck

Upgrade to a 115 with center overflow? What would you do?

It comes with the stand and custom canopy for 700. It's brand new no water. Glass. I know I've been posting about getting some new toys but when you add up the toys I wanted. Ie controller and ato, and calcium reactor it's about the same cost What would you do????
  4. lubeck

Which Doser?

Going to be getting one for the Holidays which one
  5. lubeck

Bug on glass, coral and sand

Can anyone help me ID this? Thought it was red bugs but they are rectangle looking.
  6. lubeck

Critical elements that corals require?

Besides the basics folks what will a fully stocked coral reef require as far as elements go besides - mag, cal, alk, sg, temp? If so, how does the element assist the coral and do you suppliment/dose for it?
  7. lubeck

Mandarin is sick - slime coat

Ive had it for over a week it has eaten like a pig every day. Today it didn't move or eat all day and is breathing very heavy. It has sand particles stuck to it What can I do for it?
  8. lubeck

Polyp extension, frying, bleaching - clarity needed

If there is good polyp extension does that mean the coral is in good health, more or less? I ask because my corals are growing very well and have great PE but the colors seem to be fading which I believe is due to too much light, thus frying them (which is different than bleaching right?). But...
  9. lubeck

2-MP10 placement

i am eventually going to get another mp10 for my tank but to help with the noise and the asestics I wanted to but them both on the back wall. has anyone ever done that?
  10. lubeck

White crab under zoa colony? Good or bad?

Don't have a pic right now but what is the general consensus. Good or bad?
  11. lubeck

Is this brook or Ich or a burn?

I noticed this a couple weeks ago on the clowns it was more blotchy (sp?) then dots. Which is when they started hosting the anemone too. However, I noticed tonight they are more spotted but there are not a lot of them and favor the back of the fish. I can't see anything on the gills. I couldn't...
  12. lubeck

Lemon peel angel

Anyone have any success having one of these in a small reef tank ? 30 gal sps setup
  13. lubeck

I think this is an anemone or sponge? help

its hard to find it but you'll will notice somewhat long tenicles with little balls at the tips. anyone know what this is?
  14. lubeck

look what i found on my clam - snail

i tried to pick and kill all of them i will watch it closely next few days ....hopefully they are all gone
  15. lubeck

Need to hard line to sump

I really just have one question. I need to know what is the first piece for PVC coming off the bulk head. How do you connect the two. I should be good after that. I have flex tubing and want to hard wire everything.
  16. lubeck

Help! ZOo is releasing something

What and why would a zoo release blackish stuff out of its eye? Pic coming soon.
  17. lubeck

Will a Mandrin eat amphipods?

anyone see them eat amphipods? i know all the reading says copepods but can they survive and fluirish with amphipods in their diet??
  18. lubeck

Would a yellow watchmen and a mandarin goby get along?

Anyone have this combo?
  19. lubeck

New Protein Skimmer or MP40? what would you do?

i have a chance to upgrade in a couple months for my30gal SPS tank. would you go with the MP40 or a new skimmer for the sump? what kind of skimmer? OCtopus, Deltec, ASM??
  20. lubeck

Vodka Dosing 30 gal SPS Reef started dosing 2-17-12

Im going to start this thread but anyone that has recently started or has months/years experience in carbon dosing please join in the fun. Ive been dosing with 80 proof vodka for over a week now. (Ive been sober for 8 years and i still find a way to buy vodka The screwed up part is I really...