Search results

1. jerth6932

Gastroparisis

http://www.standard.net/stories/2012/10/22/syracuse-woman-battles-digestive-disease-nausea-frustration#disqus_thread Gastroparisis awearness. Please spread the word!
  2. jerth6932

Coral, is it DECOR?

Quote: Originally Posted by Snake Blitz33 Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your stay. There is a lot to learn and you will in time. Your English is better then some of the Brits on this forum. To Rainbow: Decor? Are you serious? I consider my corals as pets, which it is my responsibility...
  3. jerth6932

1GuyDude in response to your "G hawks"

Quote: blue&green like the g hawks NFC West Team W L T ign: bottom; display: inline; " /> Pct PF PA Net Pts TD Home Road Div Pct Conf Pct Non-Conf Streak Last 5 San...
  4. jerth6932

3.9 earthquake in SF

Well I have experienced my first earthquake. SF got me man...... 3.9 earthquake. I am 6 floors up, I felt 2 shakes and the TV I was watching shook for 45 seconds afterwords. No problems with anyone that Ive heard. Crazy time to be here.
  5. jerth6932

Jerth6932's 90 Gallon

Well lets start this thread off right:
  6. jerth6932

MP-40 vs. 2 MP-10's (BTL or Meowzer and don't forget Gemmy??)

I'm looking at replacing my RedSea Wavemaker Pro with 2 550's, 1 750 and 1 1050 Korallias on my new 90 gallon tank. From those of you that have them, for build up and movement through rock work would it be better to have 2 10's to give the counter effect, or would the 1 40 do the job with out a...
  7. jerth6932

Another ER visit down.... HOW MANY MORE?

Well I am in the ER with my wife because she has gastro parisis; in essence anything that goes in her mouth doesn't make it past her stomach. If she eats something it goes into her stomach sits there for days, then she pukes it out. She has a feeding tube in place, and recently had a pacemaker...
  8. jerth6932

Please delete

Please delete thread, this was a poor attempt on my part! Thanks
  9. jerth6932

Slow Build 55 Gallon

This tank has been up and established for 1 year and 4 months..... But with as little that is currently in it and minimal growth you would never know it! 55 Gallon tank with 20 Gallon sump Protein Skimmer 2 little Fishies Phosphate reactor UV Sterilizer Mag 7 (Split with a Squid) 2 Korella's...
  10. jerth6932

Aqua Illumination Sol Super Blue Kelvin ratings?

I wrote Aqua Illumination the following regarding the Sol Super Blue: Would there be a possibility, as I don't have the equipment to do so, to test the Kelvin settings so we could use a pre determined % to get the desired look that users desire? I know it boils down to preference, but knowing...
  11. jerth6932

Oceanic Protein Skimmer

My search feature isn't working... nor can I post pix... ANYWAYS... I just purchased the NANO Oceanic Protein skimmer, that fits in the Bio Cubes 14g and 29g. I was wondering if any one is familiar with this unit? If so is it worth the money? I know that they work on a minute scale, but having...
  12. jerth6932

Just bought a Squammy!

After doing a cirtain ammount of research, and finally getting rid of my pistol shrimp (I miss the dude!), I decided to go with a blue spotted squamosa clam, that was tank raised from ORA 2 3/4 -3in big. My question then is how do you know when a clam is FULLY open? Also all, and I mean all (10...
  13. jerth6932

Metal Halid lighting Q's!

... I know that with everything that cost plays a role in quality... well most of the times, but what would I gain purchasing a more expensive dbl ended 150w MH bulb that I would not get over a cheaper end one? Would it be a longeviety issue, or more of a Kelvin issue? Is there a brand out there...
  14. jerth6932

Major help needed W/ RBTA experts please help

I just riped my RBTA's foot, prob a 1/2 in hole in it moving a rock. Is there any chance of its survival? If so what should I watch for to remove it????
  15. jerth6932

How long does it take a candy cane to split?

Is it a quick splitter under ideal conditions, or is it a relativaly slow grower? I got a really sweet neon green candy cane single polyp. I was just wondering how long it will take to get a nice little colony built up?
  16. jerth6932

Cleaner shrimp can't hurt a RBTA, can it?

I just went to look at mt RBTA and my cleaner was pickin @ her foot! Made her close up! Could he be hurting her?
  17. jerth6932

My new RBTA

Well I went up there and snaped a few pix of my newest addition! I added her last night, and this morning one of my clowns had hosted!!! I am glad! I had a LFS emloyee tell me that Falses would probably never host because they are captive bred....lol! I laugh! This is "NEMO" playing peak-a-boo...
  18. jerth6932

Time a Metal halid should run a day

How long should one run metal halids for a 24 hr period? I am going to shoot for around 8 hrs, is this too long or just about correct? I am going to run the attenics for around 10-12 hr. Please let me know time frames!
  19. jerth6932

Jerth6932's Tank Progress!

This was a tank originaly set up in dec 05, then late last year I lost motivation with it! Now I am back with a vengence, and ready to dedicate my self to it! I hope that my knowledge from before will pay off!!! Disreguard the date on the photo, it was taken today 10-30-08! This is her now...
  20. jerth6932

Star polyp attachment question

Under normal circumstances, how long does it take for a Star polyp colony take to attach it's self to the rock work? I have it being held in place by a rubberband, and I don't want it to incoperate its self into the stars. Just a general idea, cause I know there is obsily a range depending on...