Search results

1. cain420

I Did It!!!!! I Am The Master! Pics Included

I can't believe it worked out this good for me! I finally got the fuge piped in! So I now have a 75 gallon display, a 20 gallon sump, and a totally separate 15 gallon fuge!!! WOO HOO :jumping: :jumping: Anyways, check out the pics:
  2. cain420

Anyone from MI goin to the MMC 2006??

Just wondering if anyone from Michigan is goin to the Marinelife Aquarium Society of Michigan conference this saturday in Ann Arbor??
  3. cain420

anyone ever use this adhesive in their tank?

E.S.V. Zap Gel Instant Adhesive says its safe for corals and stuff.. just wondering if anyone has ever used it before..
  4. cain420

Can I use the live sand I had in garbage bag for 2 weeks?

Okay, so when I first went to hook up the fuge, I filled it with the sand and water and of course the plastic separater plate didnt hold.. so I put the ls in a black garbage bag and closed it up.. I am now waiting for the glass separater plate that I just cut to dry (the silicone). Anyways, Is...
  5. cain420

i found a sponge growing!! woo hoo

well, when i had to move a rock to get my blue zoos off the sandbed, I came across a small sponge growing in my tank.. I took a pic, but it didnt turn out to good, but I posted it below anyways for an ID or something.. What kind of water conditions are necessary for it to continue growing? I...
  6. cain420

question about toothpicks for holding corals in place

would i need to do anything to the toothpicks before using em? like maybe boil em or somethin? i got some blue zoos yesterday and noone bugged em until i went to bed this morning (wow, what a long party that was last night!).. anyways, something knocked it to the sand bed so i placed it back...
  7. cain420

anyone else hate their refractometer?

maybe there is a trick that i dont know about, but every single time i try to use my refractometer, there are bubbles.. try to clear em up and more form.. whats the trick??
  8. cain420

My first feather duster - pic included!

I really like this thing.. the entire tube was covered with rock! Whatcha think? i temp acclimated, and dripped for about 15 minutes.. just put it in about 10 minutes before the pic was taken! Looks good to me!
  9. cain420

good deal on blue zoo's??

The lfs has some blue zoos that just came in from FL.. $6/polyp! Good deal, or no?
  10. cain420

need to drip acclimate feather duster??

I searched and cant find if it is necessary to drip acclimate a feather duster... 1. Is it necessary? 2. If so, how long?
  11. cain420

carbon pieces in tank!!! HELP!

ok, so some "superpower" decided that after i rinsed the carbon for over 15 minutes to get all dust out and hooked the canister back to the display.. some small pieces of carbon shot right into the tank... Is this going to kill anything such as corals or fish? how worried do I need to be? what...
  12. cain420

few pieces of carbon get into tank!!!

i just cleaned my canister filter, and rinsed the carbon for about 15 minutes to get all dust out.. so anyways, as my luck goes.. some small chunks of carbon got into the tank!!!! what should i do? is this going to kill stuff in the tank??
  13. cain420

anyone use reef crystals by IO?

I am using up the rest of my red sea salt (mixes poorly and leaves sediments in the bottom like dirt or something) anyways I am thinking of giving Reef Crystals, made by IO. anyone have and good/bad experiences using it?
  14. cain420

pics of my first corals!

Well, here are the 2 corals that I bought yesterday.. A colt coral, and some frags: And here are some that a fellow hobbyist gave me that is on a different board for people in michigan:
  15. cain420

does this look like enough pods for my scooter blenny?

just wondering if this may be enough. there are alot more on the rest of the glass, and have been breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the scooter blenny for at least 2 weeks now.. not the best focus, but those boogers are tiny and hard to photograph..
  16. cain420

REEK tank!!!

ok, i think it may be the green hair algae dying, or at least thats what i hope it is.. but my tank is beginning to stink!!! I put some chaeto in the sump today (piping in a separate fuge later this week) any suggestions on smell removal?
  17. cain420

sweet pic of a red knob star

i never knew starfish could look this awesome!! Anyone got one of these? Or know their special needs??
  18. cain420

black stringy thing hangin off snail

theres a black nasty stringy thing hangin off one of my snails.. is this poop? or is the snail dying?
  19. cain420

what to do with chaeto b4 adding it to the tank

i just picked up a nice bag of chaeto.. the question is, do i need to do anything to it before placing it in my sump? i am putting it in the sump for now until i get my fuge piped in later this week..
  20. cain420

REASON TO USE RO/DI not only for tank, but to drink!

this is a publication by the NRDC. please read this for information on what may be in your water. click here to be amazed rocket fuel in our tap water?? arsenic??? germs?? lead?? pesticides?? i will do more research and compile a better report for us all. when i got my ro unit, i no longer use...