Search results

1. 95harley

I'm in Algae Purgatory, HELP!!!!

So I tried converting my 240g FOWLR to a what I had planned on being a softie reef but the algae is really starting to PISS ME OFF. I sold all my fish and let the tank sit empty for 30 days so if there was any fish diseases (ich) in there it would be long gone. After a GOOD cleaning and...
  2. 95harley

Feeding Corals - My 1st corals (need advice)

I recently converted my 240g FOWLR to what will be an aggressive reef with a Dragon Moray and 2-3 dozen various Damsels. I had an algae bloom when I changed the lights from PC to 15 HO T5's, but I've added 12 Turbo's and 12 Astrea snails and they are working hard to clean it back to bare rocks...
  3. 95harley

Ever seen a Dragon Moray smile?

I moved my 17 damsels and Dragon Moray to their new 240g home downstairs this weekend from their old 75g. The Dragon managed to grab and eat at least 1 and maybe 2 damsels in the process of me pulling all the LR out of the 75g to try and catch them. Believe it or not the stupid damsels were...
  4. 95harley

Killing Aiptasia w/ a twist, need advise

I'm currently breaking down my 75 FOWLR and I'd like to use the rock in my 240g Reef however it has some aiptasia on it. I have lots of options that I could follow: 1. Put the LR in Freshwater 2. Pull it out and let it dry 3. Soak it Joe's Juice 4. ??? Any one have any suggestions as to a way...
  5. 95harley

Upgraded my FOWLR to Reef (w/ pics)

I worked till midnight last night changing out my lights, now I just need to get the 2 bulbs that arrived in the mail broke replaced and I'll be in business. I have been working towards converting my FOLWR to an Aggrssive Reef tank. 1. Sold all my fish 2. Restacked rocks 3. Massive water...
  6. 95harley

Sohal or Clown Tang for Aggressive Reef

Well I've sold all my livestock from my 240g FOWLR, I have my 16 HO T5's ready to install, I'm upgrading my Aqua C EV240 skimmer from a Mag 12 to a Mag 18. Now it's time to start planning livestock for my soon to be Softy Reef. I will be moving about 17 random Damsels and my Jap Dragon Moray...
  7. 95harley

At what point does Livestock impact a Reef?

Setting up a 240g aggressive reef with a Dragon Moray and a Clown Tang. I want to fill the rest of the tank with various Damsels & Chromis Shoals. At what point (# of small fish) will I start to degrade my water quality? Is there a magic formula instead of watching water quality, catching a 2"...
  8. 95harley

Stinging Corals and an Eel

Getting ready to redo my 240g as a HO T5 Aggressive reef for my Dragon Moray, Clown Tang, Damsles/Chromis. Any Soft corals I should avoid as they may hurt my eel? Sorry for such a novice question, this will be my first attempt at corals. Some of the things I had considered to start with: Xenia...
  9. 95harley

Tank Backgrounds - Blue or Black

Which do you prefer and why?
  10. 95harley

Aggressive 240g Reef - Would this work?

I'm converting my FOWLR 240g to a Reef run by 16xT5's. Corals I plan to start with: Various softies Leathers Star polyps Various and zoos Mushrooms Eventually Monti Caps Livestock would be: Various Crabs/Snails Cleaner Shrimp My Dragon Moray Eel 3-4 Dozen Various Chromis / Damsels and a Clown...
  11. 95harley

How many Chromis in a 240g reef?

I'm in the process of redoing my 240g FOWLR and restocking with all Blue Reef & Green Chromis with a few damsels here and there. I'll also throw my 30" DME in as well. The reef will be under 16 T5's powered by IC 660's. Planned corals are softies, zoos, & shrooms with some Monti Caps up high...
  12. 95harley

Need Livestock advice - Price Check (NOT FOR SALE HERE)

I've decided to undo my 240g FOWLR, sell all current livestock, and reconfigure as a semi-reef tank with large shoals of Chromis/Damsels and my Dragon moray. What I need advise from everyone here is.....I need sanity checks before I start selling all my livestock. I realize these pets are...
  13. 95harley

How many T5's for an 8' 240g?

I'm getting ready to start converting my 240g Long (96x24x24) from a FOWLR to a semi-reef tank with 40-50+ various Damsels/Chromis and a Dragon Moray Eel. I plan on housing some of the easier corals: Xenia Kenya Colt Shrooms Zoo's And hopefully a few Monitpora Capricornas. Possibly...
  14. 95harley

Help me convert my 240g from FOWLR to Reef

OK, after my overnight revelation I'm ready to get started on the converstion. I want to make it a Reef that can also support my Dragon Moray eel. So keep that in mind as we go. A 3' eel (or two) will be in this tank along with a lot of small fish (Damsels, Chromis, Sgt Majors, Clowns, Anthias...
  15. 95harley

Blue Reef Chromis?

These thinks are almost impossible to find locally and I used to see them on here and LA but now they are no where to be found. Anyone know why? Anyone kept these guys?
  16. 95harley

Two DME's in a 240g?

Well time has come to take the next steps. Ive decided to downsize from 3 tanks to 2. I think I'll be selling off all my 240g FOWLR fish, restructuring the rock, adding MH & T5 lights and going reef. Once it's up and running and loaded with Damsels, Chromis, Sgt Majors, Clowns, and maybe some...
  17. 95harley

Better eel?

Not really better, but which do you find more appealing? I own a DME (avatar), but find myself drawn towards Tesselata's every time I see one. I'm not sure if it's the colors, patterns, potential size, or what. I have a 240g and have toy'd several times with the idea of selling ALL my fish and...
  18. 95harley

Colt or Kenya - Please confirm

Traded some dead LR for 5-6 frags of Kenya for my Dragon Moray tank. I think of the fras is actually Colt, can someone confirm? 1st pic is Kenya 2nd pic is ? - I think it might be Colt 3rd pic is side by side compare (blurry, sorry)
  19. 95harley

New to Corals - Advice on Kenya Tree

I lost my Xenia that I was trying during the summer thanks to the heat pump AC going out during 90 degree weekend while I was out of town. I'm going to try again but this time with some Kenya tree I'm getting from a friend. (see attached pic) I have a PC lights with a DME and Damsels in the...
  20. 95harley

It's Winter and thinking up a new project - Need Reefer input

I'm sitting here considering tearing down my 240g FOWLR and building a 180g Reef tank to move my DME and Damsels/Chromis/ Sgt Major's etc to. This would allow me to get rid of a 240g and a 75g and just have a single 180g tank. Tired of so much cleaning. I'm thinking of a LOT of LR as I already...