Search results

1. fgcu14

FREE yellow tail damsels, Ft. Myers

thanks for the tip!
  2. fgcu14

tips for using a background?

A cool trick for applying the background: Wet the exterior wall of the tank where you wish to place the paper background and press paper aginst the glass. once in place, use a squeege or something of that nature and slowly pull the air bubbles out . I use this technique on all my tanks and is...
  3. fgcu14

BY the time you paid for shipping and all of the materials nessisary to ship these fish, you probably could buy 3-4 of these little guys. Plus I have never had any experiance shipping live goods.
  4. fgcu14

Earlybird, I appreciate the offer but I am getting ready to move home for the summer and I don't think it would be in the best intrest of the new additions to make two trips so close together. But definatly keep me in mind in the future...BTW o you know of any good LFS around ft. myers. I go...
  5. fgcu14

I don't think I will risk shipping them that far. Sorry.
  6. fgcu14

Purple Tang For Sale in Maimi FL

why are you getting rid of it?
  7. fgcu14

Coralife SS 125 - so.fla

i recently purchased a 125 from a member of this site and will need a big ger skimmer. Does this skimmer sit in the sump or out?
  8. fgcu14

I have two yellow tail damsels free to anyone willing to pick up. I thought about taking them to the LFS but they would prob only give me a buck a piece and sell them for $4. Figure Id save someone a couple extra bucks if they are local to my area.
  9. fgcu14

Selling all Corals in S. Fla part 1

where in S. FL are you located?
  10. fgcu14

Purple Tang For Sale in Maimi FL

can you post a pic of the purple tang?
  11. fgcu14

Fish Abuse?

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr No,, its sounds like a ASIAN restaurant for sure,, im sure which language though, maybe somebody else can chime in.. ...or an Asian fish store. nontheless they should not have that many fish in a tank like that.
  12. fgcu14

ro/di users

sorry about butting in...but how long do RO filters last/how often do you change the cartriges?
  13. fgcu14

turtle tank into salt???

I have decided to fill the tank with salt water after I have cleaned it and test the water in a few weeks time. If everything checks out I will use it for a fuge. If not I will go out and get a new tank for it.
  14. fgcu14

turtle tank into salt???

thank you for the reply. No chemicals to my knowlage have been placed into the tank, with the exception of maybe a Ph buffer. I have heard of the vinigar trick...but bleach? I think I will do what you said and mix up some saltwater and do the amonia tests.
  15. fgcu14

turtle tank into salt???

I just recently got a nice, free, tank from a friend that I would like to turn into a refugium. The only problem that may occur is the fact that my friend used to keep turtles in it. Is there any way to disinfect the tank to make it safe for a refuge?
  16. fgcu14

WTB 20-30gallon nano!!! bsouth florida!!

I may have a 16gal bowfont for sale soon. Im in Ft. Myers. Let me know if your interested. All it would be is a tank and a basic stock light that came w/ the tank.
  17. fgcu14

LR for sale 2.50 lb New Port Richey Florida

can you e-mail me my pics? besimon@eagle.fgcu.edu I will be coming home from school for the Chasco this weekend so I could pick up. Thanks
  18. fgcu14

new tank :)

nice setup, I like the color you choose for your stand and canopy.
  19. fgcu14

The Official Random Thread, Click here, You Know You Want To

i guess we just have too much time on our hands...
  20. fgcu14

Possible trade?

I have a 125gal sitting in New Port Richey. It's not in the best shape but I would be willing to throw in some $$$ to balance the trade. Let me know.