Search results

1. mikeny

Coral Compatibility

I have a pretty decent sized Colt coral and a bunch of Yuma Mushrooms growing fairly quickly closeby in my tank. Recently they came into contact with each other and it seems that the Colt is burning the mushrooms. Wherever they meet, the mushrooms are bleached white. I had no idea Colts were so...
  2. mikeny

War Paint Scoly

Every now and then this weird thing happens to my War Paint Scoly. This growth eventually gets much bigger and breaks off. Anyone know what this is? Is this how this coral gets rid of it's waste?
  3. mikeny

Reef Octopus XS-160

Ok, I have a really really stupid question here so don't laugh at me! I just got this thing today to replace a Coralife 65G in my 120G reef tank. Yea, I know, it was way underpowered before but it took a bit to get the cash to upgrade. Anyway, I put the thing together, set it up in the tank and...
  4. mikeny

Very High Magnesium Levels

So I recently purchased a Red Sea Magnesium test kit. I checked my levels yesterday and was shocked! It looks like my Mag is over 1800. Maybe even as high as 2000. I ran the test again and got the same results. I've heard that the Red Sea tests can be inaccurate sometimes but some other things...
  5. mikeny

Yuma Reproducing?

I bought a couple of Yuma Ricordeas a couple of months ago and love them. One of them has been moving around the rock and has already spawned a few new mushrooms this way. During the past couple of weeks I've noticed what seems to be a small piece of the mushroom floating around the tank. Is...
  6. mikeny

Frogspawn an endangered species?

Went to my lfs the other day and saw a note written on one of their coral tanks that said Frogspawns have been moved to the endangered species list and will no longer be available. I asked one of the workers there on two separate occasions and he confirmed it. I'm still pretty new to the hobby...
  7. mikeny

New 120 Gallon Reef Build

Hi all. First time poster, long time lurker. Love the site! I have been running a 29 gallon reef for a little over 1 year and will be upgrading to a All Glass Aquarium 120 (48x24x24) and need some advice. My current set up contains: Livestock: 1 Diamond Watchman Goby 1 Yellow Tang 3 Blue-Green...