Search results

1. dburr

New to my reef.

I haven't posted any pics lately and i'm bored. So here are some new guys I picked up over the past couple months at my reef club meetings. Enjoy
  2. dburr

I gotta wind down with a 12 pack....

Been hecked at work so I need a 12'er. Just took shots of my upgraded tank. Upgrades include the curtain, external pump, CL and no more sand. Almost forgot the new 250 MH Enjoy [img]
  3. dburr

Tank crashed

I was doing alittle work the past few days and I guess I moved to much stuff around and stress everything out. All my SPS got RTN. I canme home from work to a bunch of white sticks and a gross smell. What do I do now.:help:
  4. dburr

Temp, keep it or raise it?

I just dropped in a digital thermometer, one of the indoor/outdoor ones. I incased the probe in sealant, anyway, it reads 74.8 with the lights on. I just upgraded my sump 2 months ago from 55 gallon to 100 gallon. That could cause a temp drop I assume, being a larger area. Should I increase the...
  5. dburr

It's curtains for my reef.

Cool idea my b-in-law had. I give my sis credit for making them. It's nice to be able to watch TV without being blinded again.:yes: :jumping: :cheer:
  6. dburr

C/L DIY when it's still standing.

Just thought i'd share my DIY project. Hope you understand it.:rolleyes: I have a 90 gallon RR tank and wanted a CL, but not break down the tank for drilling, thats a PITA. Here's what I did. First I took out the return pipe in the over flow section and replumed it to have the return go over...
  7. dburr

What is wrong with the server?

I trying to pull up a 2 week old thread and when I post to it it has problems. Anyone else having trouble?
  8. dburr

175's to 250's. Just a test.

I have seen a bunch of questions on what size lights to use for SPS tanks for the best color. I know more is better, but I thought it would be interesting to document it. I took a few group shots of my 90 gallon SPS tank. Colors are nice but I have seen better in some of your tanks.(just a tad...
  9. dburr

married women, HELP ME!

My mother-in-law's house was FLOODED. She ran out of oil and the pipes busted. Well, my wifes wedding gown was preservered and under a bed. I fear it is soaked with water. My wife is freaking out and wants me to drive 20 miles (again, Iwas just there) to go get it. I didn't know it was there...
  10. dburr

andrew79

Where were you on Sunday? I sold all the live stock because I couldn't find you. Did you even go to the meeting?
  11. dburr

When does it end?

When does the reefer madness end? I just added my 40th different coral to my system. 29 of them are acro's and lucky # 40 was a blue tort.:joy: But how many is enough? How many do you have? How many is enough for you?
  12. dburr

OK, what ARE the benifits of a serpant star?

Because mine is pissing me off.:mad: I am 90% sure it's eating my fish. So far I blame it on 1 false perc, 1 antheias, 2 fire fish, 1 bangii and now my yellow coris wrasse.(it's been missing now 3 days) All but the bangii have been new additions and showed no signs of stress or disease. Yes I...
  13. dburr

Impossible.

It is totally impossible to get a decent pic of this guy. My newest member of the reef, a yellow coris wrasse. I have been waiting for months for one of these guys.:yes:
  14. dburr

Do pyramids eat turkey wings?

I have pyramid snails and I just found a living turkey wing. I have noticed a decline in pyramids but I do still have some. Does anyone know? Or maybe the turkey wing is to small yet? It's about 3/8" long. I want another clam sooooo bad.:yes: But not if it'll be eaten alive.:nope: Dan
  15. dburr

OH MY GOD that was close.

Stupid me. I was watching the SIFI channel and the lights started flickering and my tank was BUBBLING. My RIO BURNED UP. Stupid me. After reading all the horror stories. Well I jumped up and unplugged it. Looked for oil residue, none. It was in the back corner for current behind the rocks so I...
  16. dburr

Beth, remember the black spots on clown...

Well, I just saw him hosting my pagota cup. That could be why he has spots, huh. Just thought you would like to know. Dan
  17. dburr

Spots on clown.

Here's a pic of my false perc. He hase had black spots for a year but today their seems to be more of them and bigger.:confused: The fish does not seem to be bothered by them but I would like to know what they are. I have heard from Eric Borneman That sometimes flat worms are the culprit...
  18. dburr

Thanks Golfish

I cut my 2 maxijet 1200's and put them on some timers. WOW, what a great wave maker. Cheap too.:yes: My timers go on for 15 min and off for 15 min. They are almost opposite timed so I get a pretty "wave" going. Thanks again.
  19. dburr

What would you pay for these ballists.

I have 2 400w M59 ballists (no box) with the mogul sockets and 2 96w PC ballists with square pin end caps. What would you sell them for? $100, more? Should have done this as a poll.
  20. dburr

Finally, I won

I went to a club meeting yesterday and won twice in the raffle.:joy: I won a maxi-jet 1200 and a 200w heater. Not bad for $5. I also picked up a couple frags. Check out this milli.:happy: