Search results

1. silverado61

Why am I not allowed to post or reply to threads anymore?

Why am I not allowed to post or reply to threads anymore?
  2. silverado61

Thought I'd check out my old stomping grounds. Been a while since any of my friends posted...

Thought I'd check out my old stomping grounds. Been a while since any of my friends posted. Where is everybody?
  3. silverado61

Are these copepods?

If they're swimming in the water column, they're Copepods. If they're crawling on the glass, sand and rockwork they're Amphipods.
  4. silverado61

silverado61. Rebuilding my 72g bow front and stand.

From what I know, Flower lost her seahorses so she just walked away from the whole thing and nobodys heard anything from her since.
  5. silverado61

dehumidifier

Those black spots are a major problem. It's black mold and is the worst kind there is and will spread like wild fire as long as there's humidity in the basement. It'll cause health problems for you and anyone else that lives in the house because the spores from the mold become air born and...
  6. silverado61

What?

That's exactly what they are. Which type laid them I don't know right off hand. Judging by the length of the trail a large one. You may get lucky and get a few to survive. If the eggs don't get eaten the hatchlings will unless they can find their way cover. Either way, this is a very good sign...
  7. silverado61

Help

Just ghost feed your tank a pinch of flake a day to keep you system balanced and provide food for the snails.
  8. silverado61

New 75 Gallon with Sump

Don't paint the eggcrate. Any salt splash will cause the paint to peel and flake off into the water. I just deal with it not matching.
  9. silverado61

White hairy tube

Be careful how many you order because once they've eaten all that they feed on they'll starve to death.
  10. silverado61

HELP Internal overflows for 450gallon

Are you looking for a corner overflow or a center overflow?
  11. silverado61

silverado61. Rebuilding my 72g bow front and stand.

Good to hear. That's what he's wanted all along. I don't think he was happy being a taxidermist.
  12. silverado61

Check out aquacave.com This is where I get most of my equipment from.
  13. silverado61

We need more information on what your looking for. Are you looking for an HOB overflow or is it for a predrilled tank?
  14. silverado61

something wrong in my tank

I need to ask: Are you QTing your fish before you put them in the tank and how are you acclimating them once you put them in there?
  15. silverado61

New 112 gl tank

My preference is using Pink Figi sand (not really pink) as a deep sand bed. I agree with HeathS as far as a sump goes. That way you can put most if not all of your equipment (heaters, skimmer, etc) in the sump leaving your tank uncluttered.
  16. silverado61

White hairy tube

I don't think Hydroids are dangerous. Just invasive. If the Nudibranch doesn't get them I think you can just pluck them out and use a paperclip, putting the tip in the hole they're growing out of and grind the crap out of them.
  17. silverado61

White hairy tube

That one could be but I think the other one is clearly a glass anemone.
  18. silverado61

tank/fish maintenance

There's gotta be something we can do.
  19. silverado61

White hairy tube

It most likely started with one as a hitchhiker and just multiplied from there. As far as the Nudibranch goes that's also a hit and miss.
  20. silverado61

tank/fish maintenance

Seems like with a lot of these forums most of the posts are from years ago. Is there something we can do to increase attendance?