Search results

1. silverado61

Photo contests?

Why has it been so long since we've had a photo contest and does SWF plan on having any more?
  2. silverado61

Showing Ammonia and Nitrates but no Nitrites?

Ammonia 0.1 Nitrates 100+ but not showing any Nitrites? Is this possible?
  3. silverado61

Type of Worm???

Can someone ID this for me? This is an ongoing argument with someone. I'm not going to tell you what I think it is........ yet.
  4. silverado61

Bristle worms question

Has anyone ever seen a Bristle worm climb the glass?
  5. silverado61

Fish skin problems

Beth, I hope you read this. A friend on another forum posted this pick and needs to know what it is. Can you help?
  6. silverado61

algae

What color Leds are best for growing algae in a scrubber?
  7. silverado61

Limestone use?

I'd like to build up the bottom of my tank so I don't loose so much of my dry coral pieces in the sand. I'm planning at least a 3in substrate like I did before. Last time I made DIY rock to build up the bottom and it worked really good but it took fooreevvver to cure it. I read somewhere that...
  8. silverado61

Tube worms

Does anyone know how to frag tube worm colonies?
  9. silverado61

Test kits

Do RedSea test kits expire? I don't see any expiration dates on any of the bottles or vials but the one I have is at least 2 years old. It's the Marine Care Test Kit. NH3/NH4, NO3, NO2, pH and KH.
  10. silverado61

silverado61. Rebuilding my 72g bow front and stand.

Well boys and girls this Saturday I'm buying back my 72g tank and stand that I custom built a couple of years ago. I haven't seen it since I sold it so I'm wondering what shape it's in and how much work I'm going to have to put into it to get it back in shape. Here's what it looked like before I...
  11. silverado61

MACNA Tickets. Silent auction.

deleted
  12. silverado61

Hawaii bound!

This Saturday, my wife and I are flying to Hawaii for two romantic, wonderful weeks. We're going to be unplugged the whole time so I'll talk to everyone and hopefully post some pics when we get back. Aloha everone!
  13. silverado61

deleted

Deleted by silverado61
  14. silverado61

Has anybody heard from.........?

2quills? btldreef? darthtang? meowzer? sweatervest13? And many others................ Seems like a lot of the old gang is missing from when I started.
  15. silverado61

Bristle worms

I know there are critters out there that eat bristle worms but does anyone know of an invert that will eat them but NOT go after corals?
  16. silverado61

Tridacnids

I know Tridacnids can come with certain unwanted guests and parasites. Can I use a coral dip to rid the clam of these things?
  17. silverado61

Reverse Osmosis Questions

Lately I've been considering getting an RO unit. Here's an idea of what I have to go through: I drive to the store about once a week with 4 to 6 five gallon buckets, sometimes more. Carry those buckets into the store. Sometimes wait in line for the water dispenser. Fill 4 to 6 buckets of water...
  18. silverado61

Hanna Checkers

These question are aimed at someone who knows Hanna Checkers and uses them on a regular basis: I just purchased three Hanna Checkers for Calcium, Iodine and Nitrite testing. Calcium: It seems that the syringes are printed opposite of each other. On the green syringe, The lowest number starts...
  19. silverado61

snail acclimation.

Well I Decided to boost my cuc and bought a snail army. 50 Nassarius, 10 Cerith, 10 large Cerith, 10 Turbo, 10 Astrea and 10 Nerites snails. They arrived this afternoon as I was walking out the door for the second half of my split shift at work (figures). All I had time for was to take them out...
  20. silverado61

Spambots

I apoligize to swf.com but if they don't do something about these spambots soon, I'm going to look for a different website. Half my inbox is filled with these things every morning. That's not what I'm here for. I've got a filter on my email to get rid of these why can't you figure something out??