Search results

1. uscmizzy

Good combo lighting for a 90 gallon

Right now I currently have a fluval marine 2.0 strip light across the top of my 90. I am currently looking at the aqua illumination prime hd and using 2 of them. Does anybody have any experience or knowledge with these?
  2. uscmizzy

Good combo lighting for a 90 gallon

I'm looking for two good lights that I can mount on the back and use for a 90 gallon reef aquarium. I have a 90 with and overflow with the black trim. I would like to get two lights so each side of aquarium can be lit while also not having a strip light sit across the center bar. Any thoughts...
  3. uscmizzy

Possible build....need thoughts and ideas

So a buddy of mine just gave me a 55 Gallon aquarium for free. It isn't drilled but I have strongly considered doing a sump with it. I have read a couple things about overflow boxes and see this as a possible, what does everybody think? I'm scared to drill the tank to be honest. So with it...
  4. uscmizzy

Blue Tang and New Tank

So I have had a 36 Gallon Biwfront for sometime now and have started looking for an upgrade and have narrowed it down between a 75 Gallon long and a 54 Gallon corner tank. Any ideas on which would be better? Also I have looked at a blue tang and I'm not sure how big of a tank I need. I hear...
  5. uscmizzy

Starting Over

Not a huge fan of the pj Cardinals
  6. uscmizzy

Starting Over

As for lighting probably a Marineland LED strip light
  7. uscmizzy

Starting Over

Ok so Chromis are out so what could be a good replacement? I really would like some type of schooling fish. I have an old Marineland HOB filter with the two spots for the cartridges. Would that work?
  8. uscmizzy

Starting Over

I use to have a 36g bowfront saltwater tank but unfortunately had to sell it when I moved. Now that things are settled I have been looking at getting back into the hobby. The tank I'm curious about is the 54g corner tank. Here is what I'm thinking: 54g corner tank and stand 2 powerheads...
  9. uscmizzy

Tank Restart

As some of you that followed some of my threads know I had a complete loss in my 36g bowfront. So after taking some time off and figuring out where it all went wrong I have restarted! Got the tank up and running and purchased two mocha clowns after conditions in the tank were good. What do...
  10. uscmizzy

36 gallon bowfront stocking ideas

Got these lovely clowns today
  11. uscmizzy

36 gallon bowfront stocking ideas

As it the title suggest what are some realistic stocking ideas for a 36 gallon bowfront? I know I will probably get one or two clowns, maybe a pair, but after that I'm not sure what you can fit in the tank. Ideas?
  12. uscmizzy

What happened, need help fish loss

So I have decided since I have time to wait I'm going to change the background to black instead of blue and move the live rock around to see what setup I like best
  13. uscmizzy

Tested ammonia today and it is at 0
  14. uscmizzy

Ok so details on tank it's a 36 gallon bowfront only thing pet alive are two turbo snails. When the melafix was added it was only a top full nothing more, just one top. The prime I do add after every saltwater change and I get my water premixed from the same lfs that told me to add prime. So...
  15. uscmizzy

Clown dead only thing left is 2 turbo snails. What is my next movement with tank? Should I drain it what should I do?
  16. uscmizzy

What is my next step for this tank?
  17. uscmizzy

Update clown is dead. Only thing left Alice are two snails
  18. uscmizzy

I add prime with water changes the guy at my lfs said to do that
  19. uscmizzy

Just an update: Everything is dead but the clown. He is fighting and I have been monitoring water levels. Ammonia is still saying .25 but it's an api system. I have gotten my protein skimmer working so that's a plus now just trying to keep the clown alive
  20. uscmizzy

So remove dead fish and do a huge water change?